So what's your story?
告訴我你的故事
You the poor kid that never got to go to Exeter or Andover?
一個從沒出過家門的窮小孩
Despite my privileged upbringing,
雖然我從小接受高等教育
I'm actually quite well-balanced.
但身心卻很平衡
I have a chip on both shoulders.
我的弱點是人際關系
Maybe you're just better
人與事比較起來
with the old integers than you are with people.
你恐怕比較會應付事
My first grade teacher, she told me
我的小學老師說過
that I was born with two helpings of brain,
我有兩個腦袋
but only half a helping of heart.
卻只有半顆心
Really? Yeah.
真的? 是呀
Wow! She sounds lovely!
哇 她似乎挺可愛的
The truth is that I...
其實...
I don't like people much.
我并不喜歡人們
And they don't much like me.
他們也不喜歡我
But why,
怎么可能?
with all your obvious wit and charm?
你既風趣又有魅力
Seriously, John.
說真的
Mathematics...
講到數學嘛...
Mathematics is never going to lead you to a higher truth.
它永遠不能領導你 找到更高的真理
And you know why?
想知道原因嗎?
Because it's boring. It's really boring.
因為它太枯燥無味了
You know half these schoolboys are already published?
你知道半數以上的學生 已經發表了他們的論文
I cannot waste time with these classes...
我不能在課堂上...
and these books.
和書本上再浪費時間
Memorizing the weaker assumptions of lesser mortals!
去記住那些毫無說服力的假設吧!