I don't see my dad much, and I haven't told my mom
我和我爸不常見面 我也還沒告訴我媽
because I'm her only kid,
因為她只有我一個孩子
and if this is true, she'd be devastated.
如果這是真的 她會很難過的
Well, how about you?
那你自己呢
I haven't thought that far.
我還沒考慮那么遠
You wouldn't be here if you hadn't.
你要是沒考慮到就不會來這兒了
You know what? You're right.
好吧 被你說對了
Look, um, maybe my biological parents
是這樣的 我的親生父母
are the king and queen of Spain,
可能是西班牙的國王和王妃
or maybe they just pump gas in Bakersfield.
也可能是貝克斯菲爾德的鉆井工人
but either way, I just want to know.
但是不管怎樣 我只想知道真相
And if I find them,
而且如果我找到他們
maybe it'll explain some of these little parts of me
也許我身上那些不合邏輯的地方
that don't make sense,
就能解釋得通了
like why do I love peanuts
比如說為什么我喜歡吃花生
but both my parents are allergic?
但我爸媽都對花生過敏
Did you know that a peanut's not a nut? it's a bean -
你知道花生不屬于堅果類吧 它屬于豆類
a woody, high-protein legume.
一種高蛋白木本豆科植物
Okay, well, that was just an example.
好吧 我只是隨便舉個例子而已
Right.
好吧
Okay, Lisa, did you contact the hospital
莉莎 你有沒有和醫院聯系
to get your birth records?
要你的出生記錄
I spoke to the administrator.
我和負責人談過了
I told her my situation, and I got nowhere.
我把我的情況告訴了她 但毫無幫助
And that's why you're coming to me?
所以你就來找我了
Uh-huh, 'cause I just want to know the truth.
沒錯 因為我只想知道真相
I mean, if I'm not who I thought I was,
我是說 如果我并非是自己所想的那個人
then who am I?
那我究竟是誰