Harry, Ron, and Hermione were joined at their tray by a curly-haired Hufflepuff boy Harry knew by sight but had never spoken to.
哈利、羅恩、赫敏和一個滿頭鬈發的赫奇帕奇男孩站在一個盤子旁,哈利覺得他眼熟,但從來沒有跟他說過話。
“Justin Finch-Fletchley,” he said brightly, shaking Harry by the hand.
“我叫賈斯廷芬列里,”他歡快地說,使勁搖著哈利的手,
“Know who you are, of course, the famous Harry Potter. . . .
“當然認識你,著名的哈利波特……
And you're Hermione Granger — always top in everything” “and Ron Weasley.
你是赫敏格蘭杰—永遠是第一……”“還有羅恩韋斯萊,
Wasn't that your flying car?”
那輛飛車是你的吧?”
Ron didn't smile. The Howler was obviously still on his mind.
羅恩沒有笑,顯然還在想著那封吼叫信。
“That Lockhart's something, isn't he?” said Justin happily as they began filling their plant pots with dragon dung compost.
“那個叫什么洛哈特的,”他們開始往花盆里裝龍糞堆肥時,賈斯廷興致勃勃地說,
“Awfully brave chap. Have you read his books?
“真是個勇敢的人。你們看了他的書沒有?
I'd have died of fear if I'd been cornered in a telephone booth by a werewolf, but he stayed cool and — zap — just fantastic.
我要是被一個狼人堵在電話亭里,早就嚇死了,他卻那么鎮靜——嘖嘖——真了不起。
“My name was down for Eton, you know.
“我本來是要上伊頓公學的,
I can't tell you how glad I am I came here instead.
但后來上了這里,我別提多高興了。
Of course, Mother was slightly disappointed, but since I made her read Lockhart's books I think she's begun to see how useful it'll be to have a fully trained wizard in the family. . . .”
當然,我媽媽有點失望,可是我讓她讀了洛哈特的書之后,我想她已經開始看到家里有個訓練有素的巫師是多么有用……”
After that they didn't have much chance to talk.
此后就沒有多少機會交談了。
Their earmuffs were back on and they needed to concentrate on the Mandrakes.
他們重新戴上了耳套,而且得集中精力對付曼德拉草。