And he just put it right into the production. I mean, can you imagine that?
他就把這一段編進舞蹈,你能想像嗎?
Like in classical ballet. You know, a dancer intentionally falling.
古典芭蕾舞伶不會故意摔倒。
There's a whole new word for dance now. It's called abstract.
這是全新的舞蹈風格,這叫抽象舞。
He's not the only one, though.
不是只有他這么做。
There's Lincoln Kirstein and Lucia Chase...
還有柯爾斯坦和蔡斯。
and oh, my, there's Agnes de Mille.
天啊,還有德米爾。
She's torn up all those conventions, all that straight up and down stuff.
她打破所有傳統,徹底顛覆正統的芭蕾舞。
It's not about the formality of the dance, it's about what the dancer's feeling.
重點是舞者的感覺,不是形式。
And she told me about this big new world.
她讓我看到全新的世界。
Names that didn't mean a thing to me.
好多我沒聽過的名字。
I didn't really hear very much of what she was saying.
我不是很了解她說的話。
It's new and it's modern and it's American.
只知道很新穎、很摩登、很美式。
They understand our vigor and our physicality.
他們了解舞者的活力和身體。
Oh, my God. I've just been talking and talking.
天啊,我一直講個不停。
No, no, I've enjoyed listening.
沒關系,我喜歡聽。
I didn't know you smoked .
我不知道你食煙。
I'm old enough.
我年紀夠大了。
I'm old enough for a lot of things.
我年紀夠做很多事情。
In New York, we stay up all night.
我們在紐約都玩到天光。
Watch the sun come up over the warehouses.
看著太陽從倉庫上面升起。
There's always something to do.
總是有好玩的事可做。