She had left a note.
她只留了一張紙條。
She wrote, "It was nice to have met you".
上面寫:很高興能認識你。
And that was it.
就只有這樣。
It wasn't the war any of us expected.
這場戰爭和我們想像的不同。
We would just tow crippled ships, scraps of metal, really.
我們只負責拖廢棄的船只。
If there was a war, we didn't see it.
就算有戰爭,我們也沒看到。
There was a man assigned to us.
軍方派一名士兵到船上。
The chief gunner loved the Navy. But most of all, he loved America.
這名炮兵熱愛海軍,不過他最愛的還是美國。
There is no other country in the world. When you spell America...
我眼中沒有其它國家。
His name was Dennis Smith and he was a full-blooded Cherokee.
他叫丹尼斯史密夫,百分百切諾基印第安人。
you're spelling freedom.
美國對我來說就代表自由。
His family had been Americans for over 500 years.
他的家人當了五百年美國人。
These pacifists.
臭和平主義者。
They say they won't fight on conscience.
他們說是為了良知才不打仗。
Where would we be if everybody decided to act according to their conscience?
要是每個人都反對殺戮,那么美國就輸定了。
Keep it down, would you, chief?
別說了,酋長?
Hey.
嘿。
I've been watching you.
我一直在觀察你。
You seem trustworthy.
你看起來值得信任。
If something happens to me...
萬一我有什么差錯。
could you see that this gets to my wife?
你能把這些交給我太太嗎?
He'd given me all of his pay.
他把他的薪水都交給我。
Hadn't spent a dime of it.
他連一毛錢都沒花。
I want my family to know I was thinking about them.
我要我家人知道我會照顧他們。