There's a diary.
里面有一本日記。
This? Mm.
這本嗎?
Could you read it to me?
你能讀給我聽嗎?
Is this what you wanna do?
這就是你的心愿嗎?
I tried to read it a hundred different times.
我不曉得有多少次都想要讀。
Mom, it's not exactly.
媽,這不算是。
Just the sound of your voice, darling.
我只想聽你讀的聲音。
Okay.
好吧。
It's dated,April 4th,1985.
日期是1985年4月4日。
It says "New Orleans."
上面寫“新奧爾良”。
"This is my last will and testament.
這是我最后的遺囑和遺言。
I don't have much to leave, few possessions, no money, really.
我沒有什么遺產,只有幾樣東西,一點錢都沒有。
I will go out of this world the same way I came in; alone and with nothing.
生死都是孑然一身。
All I have is my story.
我只有我的故事。
and I'm writing it now while I still remember it.
趁我還記得要趕緊寫下來。
My name is Benjamin.
我叫班哲明。
Benjamin Button." Benjamin Button.
班哲明巴頓。
And I was born under unusual circumstances.
我在不尋常的狀況下出生。
The First World War had ended.
當時一次大戰剛結束。
and I've been told it was an especially good night to be born.
聽說我出生那天是黃道吉日。