Bryce:It didn't take me long to realize that
不久我意識到
I'd traded in my old problems with Juli Baker for a whole set of new ones.
我和朱莉·貝克的老問題換成了新問題
It was actually worse having her mad at me than having her annoy me.
她生我的氣比她煩擾我更糟糕
The way sheignored mewas a constant reminder...
她對我的不理不睬一直在提醒著我
...that I'd been a jerk.
我是個混蛋
Then one day I was coming home from playing basketball with Garrett...
一天 我和伽利特打完籃球回家
...andthings got weird.
事情變得很蹊蹺
Grandpa:Don't be so timid. Come on, you won't hurt them.
別這么膽小 加把勁 你不會傷害它們的
Like this? Yeah, that's it.
像這樣? 對 就是這樣
Bryce:My grandfather.
我外公
All I ever saw him wear was slippers.
我從來看他都是穿拖鞋的
Now, where did he get those work boots?
今天不知他從哪弄了雙工靴穿上了
I couldn't stop looking over there.
我忍不住往那邊看
And the more I looked, the madder I got.
結果越看越來氣
My grandfather had already said more to Juli in one hour...
我外公一小時和朱莉說的話
...than he'd said to me in the whole time he'd been living with us.
比和我們住在一起對我說過的全部話都多
I was pretty sure I'd never seen him laugh.
我還從沒見他開懷大笑過
And what was his deal with Juli Baker?
他和朱莉·貝克究竟怎么回事呢