Potter!Snape's face was twisted with fury as he dropped his robes quickly to hide his leg.
波特!斯內普趕緊放下長袍,擋住他的傷腿。他氣得臉都歪了。
Harry gulped. I just wondered if I could have my book back.
哈利喘不過氣來。我想知道我能不能拿回我的書。
Get out! Out!
滾出去!出去!
Harry left, before Snape could take any more points from Gryffindor. He sprinted back upstairs.
哈利不等斯內普給格蘭芬多扣分,就趕緊離開了。他一路狂奔著上了樓。
Did you get it?Ron asked as Harry joined them. What's the matter?
書拿到了嗎?哈利回到羅恩和赫敏身邊時,羅恩問道,怎么回事?
In a low whisper, Harry told them what he'd seen.
哈利壓低聲音,把剛才看到的一切都告訴了他們。
You know what this means?he finished breathlessly. He tried to get past that three-headed dog at Halloween!
知道這意味著什么嗎?最后,他屏住呼吸說道,萬圣節前夕,他想從那條三個腦袋的大狗身邊通過!
That's where he was going when we saw him,he's after whatever it's guarding!
當時我們看見他時,他正要往那里去——他在尋找大狗看守的那件東西!
And Id bet my broomstick he let that troll in, to make a diversion!
我敢用我的飛天掃帚打賭,是他放那頭巨怪進來的,為了轉移人們的注意力!
Hermione's eyes were wide.
赫敏的眼睛睜得圓圓的。
No,he wouldn't, she said. I know he's not very nice, but he wouldn't try and steal something Dumbledore was keeping safe.
不……他不會的,她說,我知道他不太好,但他決不會去偷鄧布利多嚴加收藏的東西。
Honestly, Hermione, you think all teachers are saints or something,snapped Ron. I'm with Harry. I wouldn't put anything past Snape.
說老實話,赫敏,你總認為所有的老師都是圣人。羅恩很不客氣地說,我同意哈利的話。我認為斯內普什么事都做得出來。
But what's he after? What's that dog guarding?
可是他在尋找什么呢?那只大狗在看守什么?
Harry went to bed with his head buzzing with the same question. Neville was snoring loudly, but Harry couldn't sleep.
哈利上床時,腦子里還嗡嗡地響著這個問題。納威發出了響亮的鼾聲,哈利卻久久無法入睡。
He tried to empty his mind—he needed to sleep, he had to, he had his first Quidditch match in a few hours,
他想排除雜念——他需要睡覺,他必須睡覺,再過幾個小時,他就要參加他的第一場魁地奇比賽了
but the expression on Snape's face when Harry had seen his leg wasn't easy to forget.
但是,剛才他看見斯內普的腿時,斯內普臉上的表情總令他難以忘記。