臺詞賞析:
Juli:From that moment on, that became my spot.
從那一刻起 這里就成了我的小天地
I could sit there for hours,just looking out at the world.
我能在那一待幾個小時 就從上面眺望著這個世界
Some days the sunsets would be purple and pink.
有時候落日是紫色和粉色的
And some days they were a blazing orange...setting fire to the clouds on the horizon.
有時候則是熾烈的桔黃色 燃燒著地平線上的云
It was during one of those sunsets that my father's idea of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts...moved from my head to my heart.
有一次看著這樣的落日 我突然領悟了爸爸所說的那個概念 整體大于部分之和
Some days I would get there extra early to watch the sunrise.
有時候我會起得格外早來這里看日出
One morning I was making mental notes...of how the streaks of light were cutting through the clouds...
一天早上 我正在用心記下 萬道霞光穿透云層的模樣
so I could tell my dad...when I heard a noise below.
好回去與爸爸分享 突然聽到下面傳來噪音
Excuse me.
不好意思
Excuse me. I'm sorry,but you can't park there. That's a bus stop.
不好意思 對不起 你不能把車停在那 那是校車站
Worker:Hey, what are you doing up there?
你在上面干什么呢
You can't be up there, we're gonna take this thing down.
你不能待在上面 我們要把它砍倒
Juli:The tree?
這棵樹嗎
Yeah. Now come on down.
是的 下來吧
Juli:But who told you, you could cut it down?
誰批準你砍樹了
Worker:The owner.
樹的主人
Juli:Why?
為什么
Worker:He's gonna build a house, and this tree's in the way.
他要蓋一座房子 這棵樹礙事了