Ethan? Jeez, I thought you were dead!
伊森 老天 我以為你死了
We are.
是快死了
Who's this?
他是誰
Agents Dunn and Carter. William Brandt, Chief Analyst.
這是鄧恩和卡特特工 威廉·勃蘭特 首席參謀
Analyst?
參謀
Agent confirmed.
特工確認
How will the worldfinallyend?
這個世界將如何終結
It is my job to predict the unthinkable.
我的工作就是預測無法想象的事
To treat the death of billions as a game.
將幾十億生命當作游戲
After 20 years of this, I was numb.
就這么過了20年 我麻木了
Until a new question crossed my mind.
直到一個新問題出現在我腦海
What happens after the end of the world?
世界末日之后將會怎樣
Are you sure your line is secure?
你確定這條線路安全嗎
Every two or three million years...
每隔兩到三百萬年
Are you certain your line is secure?
你確信這條線路安全嗎
some natural catastrophe devastates all life on Earth.
自然災害就會摧毀地球上的所有生命
But life goes on.
但生命還在繼續
And what little remains is made stronger.
少數的生存者變得更加強大
Put simply, world destruction is an unpleasant,
也就是說 世界毀滅是個痛苦
but necessary part of evolution.
卻必不可少的進化過程
What happens then, I wondered,
我在想到那時會發生什么
when mankind faces the next end of the world?
當人類面對下一個世界末日
I don't care what you have to do to get him to Dubai.
我不在乎你怎么把他帶到迪拜
I'll make it worth his while. Just do it.
我保證會有價值 你就給我去辦
I looked to Hiroshima, Nagasaki.
我看到廣島和長崎
I'll be waiting for your call.
我等你電話
thriving cities rebuilt from the ashes,
從廢墟中重生的繁榮城市
monuments to the unimaginable,
建起了宏偉的紀念碑
dedicated to the concept of peace.
從此致力于和平的意義
It occurred to me here that nuclear war might have a place
我不禁想到 核戰爭也許就是
in the natural order.
自然進化的一部分
But only if it could becontrolled.
但只有讓我們對它加以控制
Only if it touched every living soul equally.
并且平等地降臨在每一個人身上