Lesson 12 Now let's look at the picture I took last night.
現在讓我們看看我昨晚拍的照片
Mr.Tate. Diana.I'm sorry to surprise you.
泰特先生。 戴安娜,很抱歉讓你受驚了。
Could we talk to you for a minute? Well,OK
我能跟你說會兒話嗎? 嗯,好的。
Victor is an aret dealer from New York.
維克多是個從紐約來的藝術品交易商。
He's looking for things to sell in his shop.
他正為自已的商品找一些藝術品出售。
I could give you the names of art dealers in Stamford.
我可提供給你斯坦福德藝術品交易間們的名字。
No.I came to see you.
不。我來找的就是你。
Let's get right to the point.Victor wants to buy Indian objects.
讓我們開門見山地說吧。維克多想買一些印第安文物。
Could you sell some of the items from the museum?
你能出售博物館的一些藏品嗎?
No.I couldn't sell you any Indian objects.My uncle never gave any to me.
不。我不能賣給你任何印第安文物。我叔叔什么都沒有給過我。
He gave everything to the museum.
他全給博物館了。
Think hard.I can pay you well.
仔細想想。我可以付高價。
No.I couldn't sell you anything if I wanted to.
不。即使我想賣,我也不能賣給你任何東西。
And I don't want to.
而且我也不想賣。
Well.Let's be on our way,then.Good night.Diana.
好吧。那我們走吧。晚安,戴安娜。
Good night.
晚安。
Anybody here? Oh,Tony.Come in?
有人嗎? 哦,托尼,進來吧。
I know the secret of the treaty.
我知道條約的秘密了。
Really?Why don't we close the door?
真的?我們為什么不把門關上呢?
Let's take a look at these.
我們來看看這些照片。
This one shows Ben with the Stamford Treaty.
這張照片是本和斯坦福德條約。
Now look at this.It's a blow up of the treaty.
現在看這兒。這是條約的放大照片。
But Tony,it's only a photo.What can it tell us?
但是托尼,這只是一張照片。它能告訴我們什么?
Now let'd look at the picture I took last night.
現在讓我們來看看我昨晚拍的那張照片。
What do you see?
你看見什么了?
Look at the treaty in the photo with Ben.
看看這張照片中和本在一起的條約。
Look at the mark..Now look at the mark on the treaty in the drawer.
看這個標記..現在看看抽屜里的這條份條約上的標記?
This mark is different from that one.How could they be different?
這個標記和那個不一樣?它們怎么會不一樣呢?
This could be a fake. A fake?
這可能是贗品。 贗品?
Maybe Mr.Tate stole the real treaty.
或許泰特先生偷了真條約,
He put this fake in the drawer.
把這個贗品放到了抽屜里。
But my uncle discovered it right away.That's why he called me that night..
但是我叔叔馬上就發現了。這就是那天晚上他打電話給我的原因..
Then who killed my uncle?
那么,是誰殺了我叔叔呢?
It could be Mr.Tate.
可能是泰特先生。
No,Tony.It couldn't be Mr.Tate. Why?
不,托尼,不可有是泰特先生。 為什么?
The police talked to Mr.Tate.
警察和泰特先生談過了。
He was at home that night.He coudln't be the killer.
那么晚上他在家。他不可能是兇手。
Then who could it be?
那么兇手是誰呢?
It could be Victor Chapman.He's an art dealer and a friend of Mr.Tate's..
也許是維克多.查爾曼。他是個藝術品以銷商,也是泰特的朋友..
But where's the proof?And is he going to kill again?
但是證據在哪兒呢?他還要殺人嗎?