Lesson 2 So what if he's a few days late?
如果他晚了幾天會怎么樣呢
More coffee?
再來點兒咖啡?
Just a little.I don't drink much coffee anymore.
就一點兒。我不再喝那兒咖啡了。
That's good.Coffee isn't good for you.
那就好??Х葘δ悴缓谩?/div>
I know.I'm trying to cut down on coffee.It makes me more nervous.
我知道。我正沒法少喝咖啡。它讓我神經緊張。
What's the matter?
怎么啦?
It's Steven.I'm worried about him.
是史蒂言語。我有點擔心他。
Give him time.
給他點時間慢慢來吧!
I'd like to.But we don't have much time.
我是想這樣。但我們沒有多少時間。
How much time do you have?
你們有多少時間?
We only have a few weeks to finish this show.
我們只有幾個長星期來拍完這部戲。
Then we have ot do twelev more.
然后我們再拍十二部戲。
A few weeks.That's losts of time. I'm not so sure.
幾個星期。時間不少啊。 我可不這么想。
That bad?..Linda,cigarettes are bad for you.
有這么糟嗎?..琳達,香煙對你的身體不好。
And your pipe is bad for you. I don't smoke it anymore.
你的煙斗也對你的身體也不好。 我不再抽煙了。
Well,I don't smoke many now.I used to smoke more before.
呃,我現在也抽得不多了。我過去抽得更多。
How many cigarettes did you smoke?
你以前抽多少支香煙?
Three packs a day.I'm never going to smoke that much again.
一天三包。我再也不會抽那么多了。
And I'm only going to smoke one this afternoon.
今天下午我只打算抽一支。
One now,more later.Before you know it,you're smoking three packs a day.
不知不覺,你又會一天抽三包了。
Oh,please.I only want one. I know.
噢,求你了。我只要一支。 我知道。
Pass the sugar,please,Mike.
邁克,請把糖遞給我。
Sugar is bad for you too.
糖對你的身體不好。
Mike,a little sugar is OK.
邁克,吃一點兒糖沒關系。
I'm a new man,Linda.I only eat healthy food.
琳達,我跟以前不一樣了。我只吃健康食品。
I get lots of exercise,I feel much better.
我還經常鍛煉。 我感覺好多了。
You look good.
你看上去氣色不錯。
I eat lots of fish and vegetables.
我吃魚和蔬菜吃得多,
I don't eat much red meat. OK.OK.What about Steven?
紅色肉類吃得少。 不錯,不錯。史蒂文的工作怎么樣?
Linda,the show looks good.
琳達,這部戲看來不錯。
But the schedule looks terrible.I spent some time with the calendar.
但是日程表太緊了。我仔細研究過日歷。
When do we finish?
我們什么時完工?
October twenty-third.Seteven is too slow.
十月二十三號。史蒂文的進度太慢了。
So what if he's a few days late?
如果他晚了幾天怎么樣呢?
Forge it.We don't have much time or much money.
別這么假設。我們沒有多少時間和資金。
What does Seteven say?
史蒂文怎么說的?
He says."Don't worry."You have to help me,Mike.Steven has to go faster.
他說“別著急?!边~克,你得幫幫我。史蒂文一定得快點兒。
Maybe I can give him a little advice.
也許我能給他點兒建議。
Well,here he comes now.
噢,他來了。
Linda,I changed a few lines in the script.
琳達,我又改動了幾行腳本。
Hi,Mike .The show is going really great,isn't it?
嗨,邁克。這部戲進展得還不錯,是不是?
Say,Steven,what are you doing for lunch?
對了,史蒂文,午飯有什么安排嗎?
I don't have any plans.
我沒有什么安排。
Great.I know a great health-food restaurant.Come on.
太好了。我知道一家不錯的健康食品飯館。走吧。