Lesson 6 Was there any mail for me?
有我的郵件嗎?你好嗎,親愛的?
How are you,dear?
你好嗎,親愛的?
Fine,thanks.Was there any mail for me?
很好,謝謝。有我的郵件嗎?
There wasn't anything for you.
沒有。
There were two bills and a magazine for me.
有給我的兩張帳單和一份雜志。
But there was no mail for you.
但是沒有你的郵件。
Nothing for me,huh?
沒我的東西嗎,啊?
No,nothing.You don't live here anymore.
沒有,什么也沒有。你不在這兒住了,
Why would anyone send mail to you here?
為什么還會有人把郵件給你寄到這兒呢?
I gave someone this address.
我把這兒的地址給過別人。
Who? Just a friend who owes me money.
誰? 一個欠我錢的朋友。
Well,there wasn't any mail for you today.
哦,今天沒有你的郵件。
OK.Sorry.I just need the money.I have a lot of expenses on the new apartment.
好的。對不起,我只需要錢。租新公寓,花銷很大。
Were there any lights in your building last night?
昨晚你住的那棟樓有電嗎?
No,there were no lights last night.
沒有,昨晚沒電。
But then I left this morning,there was electricity.
但今天早上我離開的時候來電了。
Was there any hot water?
有熱水嗎?
Yes,there was hot water.
有的,有熱水。
Was there any heat?
有暖氣嗎?
Mom,this is August.I don't need heat.
媽媽,現在八月。我還不用暖氣。
Was there any telephone service?
有電話嗎?
Mom,I have telephone service.
媽媽,有電話。
Then why didn't you call me and give me your phone number?
好你為什么不給我來電話。告訴我你的電話號碼?
Mom,I'm a grown man now.My first thought wasn't to call my mother.I'm sorry.
媽媽,我是個成年人了。我的第一個反應不是給媽媽打電話。
Anyway,I can give it to you now.The number is 555-2649.
對不起,不管怎樣,我現在可以給你號碼。號碼是555-2649。
Can you write it down for me?
你能給我寫下來嗎?
Sure.Do you have anything I can write with?
當然。你有寫字的東西嗎?
Here's something.
這里有。
Do you have anything I can write on? Here.
你有可以寫字的紙嗎? 這里。
Jeff,are you seeing anyone?
杰夫,你正跟誰約會吧?
No one I want to talk about,Mom.
媽媽,我不想談論任何人。
You really should settle down with someone.
你真的應該找個人,穩定下來了。
That's what you always tell me.
你總跟我說這樣的話。
Well,it's sure. Yep.OK.Gotta go.
唉,這可是實在話。 是,好了,我得走了。
What?You just wanted to see if there was any mail for you?
什么?你只是想看看這兒有沒有你的郵件?
And to say hello.But now I have to say goodbye.
還來問候你。但是現在我必須得跟你說再見了。
OK.Don't forget to call. Right.
好吧。別忘了打電話。 好的。
Jeff? Yep?
杰夫? 什么事?
I saw the show last night. You did?
昨晚我看過那部電視劇了。 是嗎?
It was great.I'm really proud of you.
真不錯。我真為你驕傲。
Even if I'm not a lawyer or a doctor or a businessman.
即使我不是律師。醫生或商人?
Maybe you could marry a lawyer or a doctor..Only kidding.
出許你能娶個律師或醫生...開個玩笑。
We're happy to have you back is Stamford.
我們很高興你回到斯坦福德了。
Thanks,Mom.I'm beginning to feel better about being here.
謝謝,媽媽。我開始對呆在這兒感覺好點兒了。