Age is rarely kind to anyone. Nothing one can do about it. One just has to get on with it.
語音講解:
今日發音練習重點:
言之有物:
1. 詞鏈兒:be kind to XX
對XX體貼/親切/友好
The weather was very kind to us.
天氣非常宜人。
My boss has been extremely kind to me.
老板對我非常好。
→反義表達:be unkind to XX
對XX不好
Her husband is very unkind to her.
她丈夫對她非常刻薄。
2. 詞匯:rarely = not often 很少,難得
We rarely see each other now.
我們現在很少見面。
→ be rarely kind to XX
很少對XX好→ 對XX不友善
3. 詞鏈兒:Nothing one can do about it.
對此,人們無能為力。
=One can do nothing about it.
=There's nothing one can do about it.
There's nothing I can do about the problem, so I might as well go with the flow.
關于這個問題我無能為力,所以我不如就順其自然好了。
So there's nothing we can do about it?
這么說,我們就一點辦法沒有了?
But there's nothing I can do about it right now.
但我現在對此無能為力。
There's no end in sight, and we can do nothing about it.
眼前看不到盡頭,我們對此也無能為力。
Nothing we can do about it.
也沒別的辦法了。
But there's nothing I can do about it.
Nothing you can do about it?
但我也確實沒轍了。
沒轍了?
4. 詞鏈兒:get on with XX
①與……友好相處
②繼續(干某事)
I get on fairly well with everybody.
我和每個人的關系都還可以。
Just buzz off and let me get on with my work.
走開,我得繼續干活了。
回顧【get on with XX】
活學活用:
請用 XX can do nothing about... 隨意造句
《王冠》(The Crown)是由史蒂芬·戴德利、菲利普·馬丁、朱利安·杰拉德、本·卡隆等人聯合執導,克萊爾·芙伊、奧利維婭·科爾曼、馬特·史密斯、托比亞斯·門基斯等人主演的歷史系列劇,該劇第一季于2016年11月4日在美國首播。
該劇講述了伊麗莎白二世自1952年登基以來,作為英國女王所取得的個人、政治和社會上的成就,以及英國王室不斷去適應日新月異卻又動蕩不安的世界的故事。
關注微信號:TeacherGwen