Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Neil.
大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是尼爾。
Hello, I'm Feifei. All well, Neil?
大家好,我是菲菲。一切都好嗎,尼爾?
Not great, Feifei.
不是很好,菲菲。
What's up?
出什么事啦?
I'm just so done with writing this report.
我不想再寫這份報告了。
You're done with it? You've finished?
你寫完了嗎?完成了嗎?
I wish. The opposite. Lots more to do.
但愿如此。恰恰相反。還有很多事情要做。
So you're not done yet?
所以你還沒寫完?
Sadly no. If you say you're 'so done with' something – it means you are irritated and bored by it! Often it's a task that you don't want to do.
很遺憾沒有。如果你說你'so done with'某件事--意思是你對它感到惱火和厭煩!它通常是你不想做的任務。
Indeed. For example, I could say: "I'm so done with recording with Neil."
確實。例如,我可以說:“我不想再和尼爾一起錄節目了。”
You could say it, Feifei. But it wouldn't be true!
你可以這么說,菲菲。不過那是假的!
Of course it's not true. Let's hear some examples.
當然不是真的。我們來聽些例子。
I need a new job. I'm so done with delivering pizza.
我需要一份新工作。我不想再送披薩了。
I need to get to bed earlier. I'm so done with feeling like a zombie every day.
我需要早點上床睡覺。我受夠了每天都覺得自己像個僵尸。
I'm so done with learning Hungarian. The grammar is so hard!
我不想再學匈牙利語了。語法太難了!
So Neil, do you need some help with the report?
尼爾,你的報告需要幫忙嗎?
That's kind. I just need to sit down, focus, and write the thing. It's just boring.
那可太好了。我需要坐下來,集中注意力,把它寫完。就是太無聊了。
If you like, we can swap. I'm making an incredibly dull spreadsheet right now.
如果你愿意,我們可以互換一下。我現在正在制作一個非常枯燥的電子表格。
Wow. Sounds great.
哇。聽上去不錯。
I'm so done with it.
我受夠了。
Tell you what. Let's work hard all afternoon and then treat ourselves to dinner.
這樣吧。我們下午都努力工作,然后晚上好好吃一頓。
Done! Which means, of course, that I agree to your suggestion.
好!當然,這意味著我同意你的建議。
Perfect. Bye for now.
完美。先再見了。
See you later!
再見!