Kim:Hi Peter, can I talk to you for a moment. I just heard the cookie factory downtown is going out of business.
金姆:你好!彼特,我可以和你聊聊嗎?我剛剛聽說市中心的餅干工廠要破產啦。
Peter:Where did you hear that?
彼得:你從哪兒聽說的?
Kim:Sara told me.
金姆:莎沙告訴我的。
Peter:I'm not sure that's true. I haven't heard anything about it.
彼得: 我不知道那是不是真的,我什么都沒聽說
Kim :She said that they have already started to lay people off.
金姆: 她說他們已經開始裁員啦。
Peter:Doesn't your father work there?
彼得: 你爸爸不是在那兒上班嗎?
Kim :Yes, I'm really worried he might get laid off, he just started to work there about three months ago. What do you think I should do?
金姆: 是的,我真的很擔心他,我怕他被裁掉,他三個月前才剛剛開始在那里上班的,你覺得我現在應該怎么辦?
Peter:I'd talk to your father.
彼得: 我要告訴你爸爸。
Kim:Yeah, but if there was something wrong I don't think he'd tell me. He doesn't like to upset me, but I really would like to know what's going on.
金姆: 是的,但是如果有什么不好的事情,我覺得他不會告訴我的,因為他不喜歡讓我擔心,但是我真的想知道到底發生了什么事。
Peter:So what are you gonna do?
彼得: 那你準備怎么做?
Kim :Aren't you good friends with the president of that company?
金姆: 你和那個公司的老板不是好朋友嗎?
Peter:Yes, we use to work together at a different company about five years ago.
彼得: 是的,大概五年前我們一起在另外一家公司上班。
Kim :Maybe you could call him and see what's going on.
金姆: 或許你可以打電話給他,看看發生了什么事情。
Peter:Well, I don't know. I guess I could. It's pretty late now, but I'll call him in the morning.
彼得: 嗯,我不太清楚。我覺得我可以打電話給他。但現在已經很晚啦,但我明天早上可以打電話給他。
Kim :OK, thanks so much.
金姆: 好的,非常感謝。