John: Hello?
約翰: 你好?
Ann: Hi John, sorry for calling so late, I hope I didn't wake you up.
安: 你好!約翰,這么晚打電話給你,真不好意思,我希望我沒吵醒你。
John:Actually, I was just finishing some work. I haven't gone to bed yet.
約翰: 事實上,我剛做完一些工作,我還沒睡覺呢。
Ann:Did you hear Bill got fired yesterday?
安: 昨天比爾被炒魷魚啦,你聽說了嗎?
John: No. I didn't hear that. Are you sure?
約翰: 沒有,我沒聽說,你確定嗎?
Ann: Yeah, Sarah told me this afternoon. She was pretty upset about it.
安: 是的,今天下午莎沙告訴我的,她很擔心。
John:That's too bad. Bill's a nice guy.
約翰:那真糟糕,比爾是個不錯的人。
Ann:Yeah, I know.
安: 是的 ,我知道。
John: Why did they fire him?
約翰:他們為什么要炒他魷魚?
Ann: She didn't say.
安: 她沒說。
John: I see. Well, if you talk to Sara again, tell her there's a job opening at my company. Bill can have an interview this week if he wants.
約翰: 我明白啦。你再看到莎沙時告訴她,我們公司這周有招聘會,如果比爾愿意的話,他可以去參加面試
Ann: Oh, thank you so much. I'll call her and tell her.
安: 哦,非常感謝你,我會打電話給莎沙告訴她的。