Jessica:Hey, I just talked to Jim.
杰西卡: 嘿!我剛剛和吉姆通話啦。
Mark:What did he say?
馬克: 他說什么?
Jessica:He said he had to cancel the meeting this afternoon.
杰西卡: 他說他要取消今天下午的會議。
Mark:Oh, I see.
馬克: 哦,我明白啦。
Jessica: Is there a problem?
杰西卡: 有什么問題嗎?
Mark: No, It's not a big deal. He and I were supposed to talk to some new customers today.
馬克: 不是,沒什么大事兒。今天我和他應該去見幾個新客戶的。
Jessica: Sorry to hear that.
杰西卡: 很抱歉。
Mark: It's OK. This has been happening quite a bit recently.
馬克: 沒事兒,最近這樣的事情總是出現。
Jessica: That's strange. I wonder why?
杰西卡: 那很奇怪,我在想是為什么呢?
Mark: His wife has been sick, so sometimes he has to go home early to take care of her.
馬克: 他的妻子病啦,所有他有時要回去早點照顧他妻子。
Jessica: I see. How's work been going?
杰西卡: 我明白啦,最近工作怎么樣?
Mark: Things are slow right now. Would you mind if I borrow your phone, mine's out of batteries and I have to call my boss to tell him about this.
馬克: 最近不是很好。我可以用一下你的手機嗎?我的手機沒電啦,我要打電話給我老板,跟他說一下這件事情。
Jessica: OK, let me go get it. Its in the car.
杰西卡: 好的,讓我去取一下,它在車里。