2.實用對話
Expressing Unwillingness表示不愿意
Mary: OK. We made it here at last.
瑪麗:好啦,我們總算是到這兒了。
Tom: Are you tired? Thirsty?
湯姆:你累嗎?渴嗎?
Mary: I'm a little thirsty.
瑪麗:我有點兒渴。
Tom: Do you want to go for something to drink?
湯姆:想去喝點什么嗎?
Mary: Yeah. That's what I was thinking we'd do.
瑪麗:想,這正合我意。
Tom: What about that cafe?
湯姆:去那家咖啡廳怎么樣?
Mary: No, I'm not interested. That place is always so noisy and I can't relax there.
瑪麗:不,我不愿意去那里。那個地方總是很吵,我無法放松自己。
Tom: Where then?
湯姆:那去哪兒呢?
Mary: How about that new place? It looks nice and cozy. Maybe it will be a little quieter. I'm in the mood for a good
conversation and I can't do that in a loud place.
瑪麗:我們去那個新地方怎么樣?那兒看起來很不錯也很愜意。也許能更安靜點兒。我想好好和你說說話,但是在很吵的地方我們根本就沒法說話。
Tom: I prefer not to go there, but I guess I have no choice in the matter. Who's paying?
湯姆:我寧愿不去那兒,但我想我在這個問題上別無選擇。誰來買單?
Mary: It's your tum.
瑪麗:這次輪到你了。
Tom: Then I will not go.
湯姆:那我不去了。