401.What if I do? /What if I don't?
是又如何?/不是又如何?
Are you really going to wear that coat to the office?
你真的想穿那件衣服去辦公室嗎?
What if I do?
是又如何?
402.You('d) better believe it!
的確如此!
If we don't get a wage increase this year, we're going to strike.
如果今年我們的工資還沒有增加,我們會舉行罷工。
You'd better believe it! We all agree with that.
的確如此!我們都同意這一點。
403.You said it. /You took the words right out of my mouth.
說得對。
I think we need a holiday.
我想我們需要休假。
You said it!
說得對!
404.What would you recommend?
你推薦什么?
Are you ready to order, sir?
先生,您要點菜了嗎?
I'd like some kind of fish. What would you recommend?
我想吃魚。你推薦哪一種?
你在想什么?
Good afternoon, Mr. Thomas.
下午好,托馬斯先生。
Hello, Mike. What's on your mind?
你好,邁克。你在想什么呢?
406.Am I glad to see you! /Just the person I wanted to see.
真高興見到你!
Alan, I'm sorry to be late for your party.
阿蘭,抱歉參加你晚會來晚了。
Am I glad to see you! I was worried that you might have gotten lost.
見到你真高興!我剛才還在擔心你會迷路呢!
407.Please hold. /Hold, please.
請等一下。
I'd like to speak to Mr. Roberts.
請找羅伯茨先生。
Yes, sir. Please hold.
好的,先生,請等一下。
408.(There is) no chance.
不可能
Is there any chance you'll be visiting our city?
你會來我們市嗎?
No chance, at least for the near future.
不可能,至少近期不會。
你自作自受!
The boss scolded me for being late this morning.
今天早晨老板批評我遲到了。
You asked for it! Today's the third day in a row.
你是自作自受!你已經連續三天這樣了。
好的。
David, can you find the 1993 sales report for me?
大衛,你能幫我找一下1993年的銷售報表嗎?
Can do.
好的。
不行。
Will you be able to repair this fax machine?
你能修理這臺傳真機嗎?
No can do. You'll have to replace it with a new one.
不行,你得換一臺新的了。