2.實用對話
Losing Something丟失物品
Susan: Excuse me, could you help me?
蘇姍:打擾一下,能幫我個忙嗎?
Clerk: Yes. What seems to be the problem?
店員:好的二有什么問題?
Susan: Well, I was wondering if anyone had turned in a passport.
蘇姍:嗯,我想知道有沒有人交還一本護照。
Clerk: I'm afraid not. Have you lost your passport?
店員:恐怕沒有,您丟了護照?
Susan: I think so. I can't find it anywhere, and I remember the last place I used it was in this department store.
蘇姍:是的 我哪兒都找不到,我記得最后一次使用護照是在這家百貨公司。
Clerk: Where exactly did you use your passport in the store?
店員:您在這家百貨公司的具體什么地方用過呢?
Susan: In the shoe department.
蘇姍:在鞋子銷售部。
Clerk: Well. let me call over there to see if they've found a passport.
店員:好吧,我打電話給那里,看看他們有沒有撿到護照。
( after a while )
(過了一會兒)
Clerk: Sorry, your passport hasn't turned up there either.
店員:對不起,那兒也沒有人撿到您的護照。
Susan: What should I do? Do you have any suggestions for me?
蘇姍:那我該怎么辦呢?你能給我些建議嗎?
Clerk: First you can fill in this Lost Property Report. and I'll keep my eye out for it.If someone hands it in. l will call
you at once. But I think you really need to call the police, and then your embassy.
店員:您先填一下這張財物丟失表,我會替您留意的。
如果有人交還,我馬上就給您打電話。不過我覺得您還是應該先報警,然后再通知大使館。
Susan: That's a good idea. Thank you. I will right away.
蘇姍:好主意、謝謝你。我馬上就這么做。