2.實用對話
Asking for Directions問路
Ann: Hey, excuse me, I'm sorry to bug you. I'm trying to go to the Royal Hotel. Do you know where that is?
安:嗨、勞駕。很抱歉打擾你了。我想去皇家酒店你知道在哪兒嗎?
Stranger: You walk down this street. turn left at the first intersection. Walk along that road, turn right at the corner.
After that, you make a left-hand turn at the first traffic light. The Royal Hotel is on your right side.
陌生人:沿著這條街一直走,在第一個十字路口處向左拐。再沿著那條路走,在街角處右轉,然后,在第一個紅綠燈處往左拐。皇家酒店就盔你的右側。
Ann: Great! Are there any landmarks nearby?
安:太好了!附近有什么標志性的東西嗎?
Stranger: I think the hotel is right across the street from the post office. It's as plain as the hump on a camel.
陌生人:我想這家酒店就在郵局的對面,它就像駱駝身上的駝峰一樣明顯。
Ann: Oh. that's good. Is that far from here?
安:哦,太好了。離這里遠嗎?
Stranger: Yeah. it's going to take you a while if you go by foot. I'd say its about a 30-minute uphill walk. You have to be
as strong as a lion to make it.
陌生人:如果你步行的話,得走一陣子呢。要我說差不多得走30分鐘的上坡路,你得像獅子一樣強壯才能走過去。
Ann: Oh. that will take too long. Can I take a bus there?
安:哦,那時間太長了。我能坐公共汽車去嗎?
Stranger: Well. you could take a bus there. A taxi would probably be a lot quicker.
陌生人:嗯,你可以乘公共汽車,坐出租車可能會快得多。
Ann: All right. Thanks.
安:好的,多謝了。