1.慣用口語句子:
Can you slow down, please?
你能說得慢一點嗎?
Please say it more slowly.
請說得慢一點、
Would you speak slowly. please?
你能說慢一點兒嗎?
slow down“慢下來”
I can't speak English very well.
我說不好英語。
I don't know English very well.
我不是很懂英語。
My English isn't good enough.
我的英語不夠好。
What did you say?
你剛才說什么?
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
I didn't hear you clearly.
我沒聽清你說話。
Could you use an easier expression?
你能表達得簡單點嗎?
Could you use simple words?
你能用簡單點兒的詞嗎?
Can you explain it?
你能解釋一下嗎?
expression n. 表達,措辭
I can't make myself understood.
我表達不清楚。
I can't get my point across.
我闡述不清我的觀點。
I can't get through to him.
我沒法讓他明白。
Is that clear?
我說清楚了嗎?
Do I make myself clear?
我說清楚了嗎?
Do you understand?
你理解嗎?
get across“使被理解”
get( sth.) through to sb.“使…被某人理解”
“make oneself understood”的意思是“清楚地表達自己,使自己被理解”。
I don't know how to say it in English.
= I can't express it in English.
我不知道這個用英語怎么說。
What is this in English?
這個在英語里叫什么?
express v. 表達
I can't follow you.
= I can't quite catch you.
= I can't understand you.
= I can't quite get that.
我聽不懂你的意思。
follow“在這里指“聽懂,領會”;“catch”在這里的意思是“理解,聽清楚”;get在這里指“明白,理解”
Would you please repeat yourself?
你能再說一遍嗎?
Could you repeat that?
你能再說一遍嗎?
Say it once more.
再說一遍。
Again. please.
請再說一遍
repeat v. 重復
I beg your pardon?
= pardon?
= pardon me?
我請你再說一遍好嗎?
pardon n. & v. 原諒,寬恕
上述三句若要用疑問語氣則表示“請某人再說一遍”,但若使用陳述語氣,則表示“請原諒”,用于表示欷意。