1.慣用口語句子:
I shouldn't have done that.
我真不該那樣做。
shouldn't have done sth.“本不該做某事”
I really screwed up this time.
這次我真的把事情給弄糟了。
I really messed up.
我真的搞砸了。
I screw up=mess up“把…弄糟,搞砸”
I'm sorry to have missed the chance.
= I regret having missed the chance.
我很后悔錯過了那次機會。
I regret that I was angry with my son.
= I regret being angry with my son.
我后悔不該對兒子發火。
I have regrets about not telling my friend the truth.
我后悔沒有告訴朋友實話。
本句中的“regret”用作名詞。
我真是很懊悔,把你最喜歡的包給弄壞了。
I feel so regretful; I have damaged your favorite bag.
damage v. 破壞,損害
My words have hurt her. If only I hadn't said it like that.
我的話傷害了她。我要是沒那樣講話就好了。
hurt v. 傷害,刺痛
if only“要是…就好了”
I went a little far.
= I overdid it.
我做得有點過分。
I made a mistake.
我犯了錯了
overdo v. 把…做得過分
go too(a little)far“做得太(有點兒)過分”
I really wish I hadn't done it.
= If only I hadn't done it.
我真希望我沒那么做。
I feel so guilty about forgetting our anniversary.
我竟然忘了我們的周年紀念日,我感到很內疚。
guilty a. 內疚的
anniversary n. 周年紀念