Rob: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak. I'm Rob.
羅布:大家好,歡迎收看地道英語節目。我是羅布。
Helen: And hello, I'm Helen. And today we've decided to come outside for a walk in the beautiful English countryside.
海倫:大家好,我是海倫。今天我們決定外出,在英國美麗的鄉村散步。
Rob: Mmmm, smell the wonderful fresh air. Isn't it great to be outdoors?
羅布:嗯,呼吸一下這清新的空氣。在戶外做節目是不是很棒?
Helen: Oh, well it was…but not now it's raining. Come on Rob, I think we should head back.
海倫:剛才是,可是現在正在下雨。羅布,快點,我想我們得回去了。
Rob: Hold on Helen. Not that way! According to the map, it's this way…
羅布:海倫,等等。不是那條路!地圖上是這條路……
Helen: Rob, you're always wrong. Just follow me but hurry up; we're getting wet.
海倫:羅布,你總是錯的。你只要跟著我就行了,快點。我們要淋濕了。
Rob: Oh, get lost!
羅布:哦,走開!
Helen: Get lost? We are lost!
海倫:迷路了?我們迷路了!
Rob: No Helen–get lost–I mean go away, leave me alone. Don't tell me the way to go.
羅布:不是,海倫,get lost的意思是走開,讓我自己待著。別跟我說要走哪條路。
Helen: That's not a very nice thing to say.
海倫:這種話不太禮貌。
Rob: Well, it's what you can say to someone if they're really annoying you. So go away, get lost!
羅布:嗯,如果某人讓你很煩,你就會他們這么說。所以,走開,靠邊站!
Helen: OK, if you say so. I'm off. See you back at the car!
海倫:好,既然你這么說了。我就離開了。我在車上等你!
Rob: I'll get there first! OK, here are some other examples of using 'get lost':
羅布:我會先到車上的!這里還有一些這個說法的例子。
I'm tired of hearing about how you know everything. Just get lost!
我對你一直說你什么都知道感到厭煩。走開!
Get lost! I'm having a break so don't disturb me.
走開!我正在休息,別打擾我。
You say you climbed Mount Everest on your own?! Get lost, I don't believe you.
你說你獨自攀登了珠穆朗瑪峰?走開,我才不相信你。
Rob: Mmm, saying get lost is quite impolite so you need to be careful how you say it and who you say it to. Maybe I was a bit rude to Helen. Helen, Helen, come back…I didn't mean to be so rude.
羅布:嗯,滾開這個詞很不禮貌,所以你要對你使用的方式和對誰說這句話備加小心。也許我剛剛對海倫有點兒無禮。海倫,回來……我不是有意要這么無禮的。
Helen: …well you weren't being very nice. Anyway, I was going to come back and find you.
海倫:嗯,可是你并不友好。不管怎么說,我會回去找你的。
Rob: And why was that Helen?
羅布:海倫,為什么呢?
Helen: Because I got lost. I needed the map!
海倫:因為我迷路了。我需要地圖!
Rob: Ha. Well, here it is. Come on follow me.
羅布:哈哈。好吧,給你地圖。來跟著我走吧。
Helen: OK Rob. See you next time.
海倫:好的,羅布。下次節目再見。
Both: Bye.
一起:再見。
Rob: Right, it's definitely this way.
羅布:好,絕對是走這條路。
Helen: Are you sure?
海倫:你確定嗎?
Rob: Yes, that's what the map says.
羅布:確定,地圖上是這么說的。
Helen: Rob you've got the map upside down!
海倫:羅布,你把地圖拿反了!
Rob: Oh!
羅布:天哪!