Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil.
尼爾:大家好,歡迎來到地道英語節目,我是尼爾。
Li: And I'm Li. Neil what are you drinking? Whatever it is, it sounds very refreshing.
李:我是李。尼爾你在喝什么?不管是什么,聽上去非常清爽。
Neil: Ah yes it is, Li. It's so fruity and refreshing.
尼爾:李,這的確很清爽。這飲料水果味濃郁,而且很清爽。
Li: What kind of juice is it?
李:這是什么果汁?
Neil: Oh it's not juice, it's a smoothie.
尼爾:哦,這不是果汁,這是水果奶昔。
Li: A smoothie?
李:水果奶昔?
Neil: Yeah, a smoothie. The fruit is blended rather than squeezed.
尼爾:對,水果奶昔。水果是攪拌在一起而不是榨出來的。
Li: Oh I see. A smoothie is a fruit drink made from blended fruit rather than squeezed fruit.
李:我明白了。水果奶昔就是一種水果飲料,它是由各種水果攪拌而成,而不是榨果汁。
Neil: And it sometimes has ice, ice cream or yoghurt in it too. Try it Li.
尼爾:有時還可以加冰,冰淇淋或者酸奶。李,你嘗嘗。
Li: Oh thank you. Oh it's delicious.
李:哦,謝謝你。哇,真好喝。
Neil: How would you describe the texture?
尼爾:你要怎么形容這口感?
Li: Well, it's very thick and… smooth.
李:嗯,味道濃郁又順滑。
Neil: Exactly. And that's where the name comes from.
尼爾:非常準確。這就是這種飲料得名的原因。
Li: It's called a smoothie because its texture is smooth.
李:它稱之為smoothie是因為它的口感很順滑。
A: Right, who wants a drink? I fancy a cup of coffee.
A:好,誰想喝飲料?我想喝杯咖啡。
B: Yeah but it's way too hot for coffee. Can I have one of those smoothies?
B:好,不過現在喝咖啡太熱了。我能要一杯水果奶昔嗎?
A: Oh that's an idea. I think I'll have one too, if I have enough money.
A:這是個好主意。如果我的錢夠的話,我也想來杯水果奶昔。
Neil: Well, it's all gone now.
尼爾:都喝完了。
Li: Oh that's a shame.
李:真遺憾。
Neil: Yes… No more smoothie... Shame…
尼爾:是啊……沒有水果奶昔了……好遺憾……
Li: Oh well.
李:好吧。
Neil: (Pause) Li, have you had your hair done? It really suits you.
尼爾:(停頓)李,你去做頭發了嗎?這發型太適合你了。
Li: Oh thanks, Neil.
李:哦,謝謝你,尼爾。
Neil: No, really, really. It suits your face. Actually, you're looking great at the moment. I like that outfit.
尼爾:真的很適合。非常適合你的臉型。實際上,你現在看起來棒極了。我喜歡你的著裝。
Li: Oh Neil…
李:哦,尼爾……
Neil: I'd really love another smoothie, but I've just run out of money.
尼爾:我很想再喝杯水果奶昔,可是我沒錢了。
Li: Don't worry, I'll get you one.
李:別擔心,我會給你買一杯。
Neil: Oh thanks! I can be such a smoothie sometimes…
尼爾:謝謝你!看來有時我可以是這么精明圓滑的人……
Li: Yes you can… Smoothie is not just a word for a drink.
李:對,你可以……smoothie這個詞并不僅僅是一種飲料。
Neil: That's right. It's also an adjective describing a man who can persuade people to do things for him by being charming.
尼爾:沒錯。這個詞可以用做形容詞,形容一個人善于施展魅力,甜言蜜語讓別人為自己做事。
Li: I wondered why he was paying me so many compliments.
李:我還在想他為什么要這么費勁的贊美我呢。
Neil: A smoothie for the smoothie, please Li.
尼爾:李,請給我這個精明的人買杯水果奶昔。
Li: OK, OK…
李:好,好……