重點講解:
1. get mixed up
頭腦混亂的,迷惑不解的;
eg. We are often vague, we get mixed up, and sometimes forget things altogether.
我們常常優柔寡斷,有些事上有點糊涂,有時干脆忘得一干二凈 。
eg. I always get mixed up when it comes to math.
只要一提到數學,我就被搞糊涂了 。
2. keep sb. posted
向…提供最新信息;使及時了解;
eg. Keep me posted on your progress.
讓我隨時了解你們的進展 。
eg. I will keep you posted for any updated news.
一有最新消息,我會馬上告訴你 。
3. keep sb. informed
及時通知某人;了解最新情況;
eg. I shall keep you informed of what goes on here while you are away.
在你離開期間,我會不斷地把這里發生的事情告訴你的 。
eg. We keep them informed of any changes as they arise.
如有任何變化,我們隨時通知他們 。
4. lock out
反鎖(自己)在外;
eg. The wind had made the door swing closed, and she was now locked out.
風把門帶上了,她現在被反鎖在外面 。
eg. The new tenants locked themselves out of their apartment and had to break in.
新房客被自己反鎖在屋外,于是只好破門進去 。
5. lock up
把…關入監獄(或精神病院);
eg. Mr Milner persuaded the federal prosecutors not to lock up his client.
米爾納先生說服聯邦檢察官不把他的當事人關起來 。
eg. You are mad, Isabel. You should be locked up.
你瘋了,伊莎貝爾 。應該把你關起來才是 。
6. break into
強行進入;闖入;
eg. We had to break into the house as we had lost the key.
因為我們弄丟了鑰匙,所以不得不破門而入 。
eg. Thieves break into the office and steal the petty cash.
竊賊破門進入辦公室偷走了零用現金 。
n. 竊賊