Finding an English Speaker
找到會說英語的人
Evan gets out of the car and goes into the restaurant. He speaks with the proprietress.
艾凡下車走到那家餐館。他和餐館的女老板說話。
E:Excuse me, but do you speak English?
艾凡:打擾一下,你會說英語嗎?
P:Nein. Nicht gut. Mein daughter speak the English. Here you wait, OK?
女老板:不。不好。我的女兒說這個英語。這里你等一下,好嗎?
E:Uh, sure, thanks.The proprietress fetches her daughter.
艾凡:呃,沒問題,謝謝。餐館女老板叫來了她女兒。
D:Hello. My name is Gertrude. May I help you?
女兒:哈啰。我叫葛楚德。需要我幫忙嗎?
E:Whew! I'm sorry, but I can't speak German. May I ask you a question?
艾凡:咻!很抱歉,我不會講德語。我可以請教你一個問題嗎?
D:Yes, of course.
女兒:當然可以。
E:My girlfriend and I...
艾凡:我和我女朋友…
D:Your girlfriend? Where is she?
女兒:你女朋友?她在哪兒?
E:Well, she's in the car waiting.
艾凡:嗯,她在車內等我。
You see, we're lost. We're trying to find the road to Bremen.
你看得出來,我們迷路了。我們正在設法尋找到不來梅的路。
D:You must ask your girlfriend to come in.
女兒:你一定要叫你女朋友進來,
It's cool outside in the car.
待在外面的車子里很涼的。
And it's night already. First things first.
更何況現在已經是晚上了。重要的事必須先做。
You must be hungry.
你們一定餓了。
Why not have your dinner with us here?
何不在我們這兒吃晚飯呢?
My mother is a great cook.
我媽媽的菜做得很棒。
Bring your girlfriend inside and we'll serve you a dinner you'll never forget.
把你的女朋友帶到餐館里面來吧,我們會讓你們享用一頓終生難忘的晚餐。
E:And Bremen?
艾凡:那不來梅呢?
D:It's only 20 kilometers from here. But relax now. Enjoy real German cuisine that you won't find in the big city.
女兒:從這里去只有二十公里。現在就輕松一下,享受一頓在大城市吃不到的真正德國料理。
E:You talked me into it. I'll go get Kathy now.
艾凡:你說動我了。我現在去叫凱西。