Once Lost,Now Found
山窮水盡,柳暗花明
After breakfast the next morning, Kathy and Evan say goodbye to Gertrude and her mother and take their leave.
第二天早餐后,凱西和艾凡向葛楚德和她媽媽道別并且啟程離開。
K:They were sweet. Everyone is so friendly here so far.
凱西:她們真是好心。到目前為止,這里每個人都很友善。
E:I can't believe our luck. Even our "bad" luck turns into good luck!
艾凡:我真不敢相信我們運氣會這么好。連我們的“壞”運竟也成了好運!
K:The route Gertrude suggested is sure pretty. There ar e so many farms along the way. So many trees, ponds, rivers.
凱西:葛楚德建議的路線,風景的確很美。沿途有這么多農場,這么多樹木、池塘、河流。
E:And castles. You can notice some of them on the tops of the hills. Many of them are ruins, but you can sense that Germany has a lot of history.
艾凡:還有城堡。你可以看到山頂上的一些城堡。許多城堡已成廢墟,但是你可以感受到德國有豐富的歷史。
K:Uh-oh. What if the people on the border to Denmark don't speak English?
凱西:糟了。如果丹麥邊界上的人不會說英語怎么辦呢?
E:Don't be silly. Nearly everyone here in northern Europe speaks some English. Of course, the customs officers must know some English.
艾凡:別傻了。在北歐這里幾乎每個人都會講一點英語。海關官員一定會懂一些英語的。
K:I hope so. I'm part Danish, but I don't know any Danish.
凱西:希望如此。我有部分丹麥血統,但我不會說丹麥語。
E:Like me. I'm part Dutch, but I don't know any Dutch.
艾凡:跟我一樣。我有部分荷蘭血統,但我不會說荷語。
K:Maybe we should learn a foreign language.
凱西:也許我們應該學一種外語。
E:I think you're right. But I would want to learn German. And you?
艾凡:我想你說得對。我想學德語。你呢?
K:Japanese. I love Japanese food!
凱西:日語。我喜歡日本料理!