The Flower Market
逛花市
Kathy and Evan ride to one of the city's flower markets.
凱西和艾凡騎車到市內的一個花市。
K:This is heaven! I love these bikes. They take you everywhere.
凱西:簡直是天堂!我好愛這些自行車。它們可以載你到任何地方。
This city is so bicycle-friendly!
這個城市很多方面都為騎單車方便設想!
E:I can't get over how many people ride bicycles here. It's like China!
艾凡:我很訝異這里有這么多人騎自行車。好象中國大陸嘛!
K:You've never been there!
凱西:你從沒去過那里呀!
E:Well, I watch CNN, you know.
艾凡:嗯,我看CNN新聞節目,你知道的。
K:OK, Mr. Know-It-All. Anyway, it's so easy to get around with all these bicycle trails and places to park your bikes.
凱西:好吧,萬事通先生。不管怎么樣,有這些自行車車道和停放自行車的地方要到哪兒都很容易。
E:Let's park by this flower market and walk around.
艾凡:咱們把自行車停在這個花市旁邊,四處走走逛逛吧。
K:Fine with me. Hey! Where are all the tulips?
凱西:我沒意見。嘿!郁金香都到哪里去了?
E:They're out of season. It's summer, remember?
艾凡:它們不是這個季節的花卉。現在是夏天,記得吧?
Tulips and daffodils come out in spring.
郁金香和水仙花是春天的花卉。
K:That's right. Anyway, we can enjoy all these other beauties.
凱西:沒錯。但是,我們仍可欣賞其它所有美麗的花。
Roses, irises, and daisies. Mmm! Everything smells fresh.
玫瑰、鳶尾花和雛菊。嗯!每樣東西聞起來都好清香。
E:It's too bad we can't take these home. Well, we can, in a way.
艾凡:我們不可以把這些花帶回家去,真是太可惜了。不過,我們還是可以的,用一種方式。
K:How's that?
凱西:怎樣的方式呢?
E:Stand next to these flower pots. I'll take your picture with the flowers as a souvenir.
艾凡:站在盆栽旁邊。我拍一張你和這些花的合照留作紀念。