Showing the Room
看房間
The hostel owner shows Kathy and Evan the room.
青年旅社的老板帶凱西和艾凡去看房間。
O:Well, do you like it?
老板:怎么樣,喜歡嗎?
E:Gee, it's really nice. I didn't expect such a room at a hostel, uh, I mean...
艾凡:哇,這房間實在不錯。我沒有想到青年旅社會有這么好的房間,呃,我是說……
O:You can speak frankly around me, young man. I know what you mean. After all, this isn't the Ritz! But we have very clean rooms and simple but useful facilities.
老板:年輕人,在我面前你可以坦白說。我知道你的意思。畢竟,這里并不是麗池飯店!但是我們有非常干凈的房間和簡樸實用的設備。
E:What if we want to place a call?
艾凡:如果我們想打電話呢?
O:There are no phones in the room, but you can use the desk phone anytime. We never close the living room, but we request that our guests be considerate of others.
老板:房間里頭沒有電話,但是你們可以在任何時候使用桌上的電話。我們從來不會關客廳的門,但是我們要求房客要體諒別人。
E:Yes, of course. Oh, is this a mini-refrigerator?
艾凡:那當然。哦,這是迷你電冰箱嗎?
O:Yes, it is, but we request that you keep only bottled drinks inside, no food. You can buy your snacks outside and eat them in the living room, dining room, or TV room.
老板:是的。但是我們要求里面只能放瓶裝飲料,不能放食物。你們可以在外面買點心進來客廳、餐廳或電視間吃。
E:That's reasonable. I don't imagine there's air-conditioning.
艾凡:這很合理。我想這里沒有空調吧。
O:There's no need! This is Amsterdam, not Miami! But there's a ceiling fan if you like.
老板:沒有必要!這里是阿姆斯特丹,不是邁阿密!但如果你們需要的話,天花板上有個電風扇。
E:Wow! This is great. We'll take it!
艾凡:哇!太棒了。我們就要這間了!
O:I knew you would.
老板:我就知道你們會的。