Get Ready,Set,Go!
就位、預備、出發!
After loading all their belongings, Evan and Kathy are ready to drive into Amsterdam.
艾凡和凱西把他們所有的東西放上車后,準備開車進阿姆斯特丹市。
K:I guess we're all set now. Let's go!
凱西:我想現在我們一切都已就緒。咱們這就上路!
E:Right. Now, let's see.The emergency brake is here, the turn signals work this way, here's the horn...
艾凡:好的?,F在,我看一下。緊急煞車在這兒,方向燈這么打,喇叭在這兒…
K:Don't honk the horn so loud! There might be anti-noise laws here.
凱西:不要按喇叭按得那么大聲!這里也許有反噪音法也說不定。
E:I'm just testing it! And...let's see...here are the lights and the high beams...
艾凡:我只是測試一下而已!還有……我看看……車燈在這兒,遠燈……
K:But it's daytime. Why do you need them now?
凱西:但是現在是白天,你為什么需要燈呢?
E:I don't need them now; I want to check all the equipment before I start driving.
艾凡:現在不需要,我想在行前檢查所有的裝備。
K:Oh.
凱西:哦。
E:Our seat belts are fastened, the side and rearview mirrors are adjusted...I think I'll put my seat back a little further.
艾凡:安全帶系上了,車兩邊和車內的后視鏡也調好了……我想我得把我的座位往后挪一下。
K:Well, hurry up! I'm dying to get going.
凱西:嗯,快一點!我迫不及待地想出發了。
E:Safety first. Otherwise, you might really die!
艾凡:安全第一。要不然,你也許因此車禍身亡!
K:Evan Whiting! Watch what you say!
凱西:艾凡·懷特寧!注意你的言辭!
E:OK, OK, I'm only teasing. There, I guess that's everything. We have a full tank of gas; the engine is warmed up. We're off!
艾凡:好嘛,好嘛,我只是在開玩笑嘛。好了,我想就這些了。車子的油箱都加滿了,引擎也暖好了。我們上路了!
K:Finally!
凱西:終于出發了!