Reality Check
考慮現實問題
Kathy and Evan continue discussing the possibility of going to Europe for a trip.
凱西和艾凡繼續討論到歐洲旅行一趟的可能性。
Evan:That would be great, just you and me traveling around Europe. But,wait. Reality check.
艾凡:就只有你和我到歐洲旅行,這太棒了。不過且慢。考慮一下現實問題。
Kathy:But what? You mean it's too expensive?
凱西:考慮什么?你的意思是到歐洲旅行太貴了。
Evan:Precisely! Do you know how much it would cost? I could afford the air fare maybe, but, you know, the hotels and everything would be pricey.
艾凡:完全正確!你知道那要花多少錢嗎?我也許可以負擔機票錢,但是,你知道旅館和其它所有的費用很花錢的。
Kathy:But we wouldn't have to stay in hotels.
凱西:但是我們并不需要住在旅館啊。
Evan:We wouldn't?
艾凡:不用嗎?
Kathy:Of course not. We might be able to stay with our relatives. Even if we couldn't, we could always stay in hostels.
凱西:當然不用。我們也許可以住在我們親戚家里。即使不能,也可以都住在青年旅社里。
Evan:I forgot about hostels! They're much cheaper.
艾凡:我忘了青年旅社,住那兒便宜多了。
Kathy:They certainly are. And we could take ground transportation throughout Europe, too.
凱西:當然。而且我們也可以走鐵公路游歐洲。
Evan:And not buy too much. But can we get tickets in time?
艾凡:而且不要買太多東西。但是我們可以及時買到機票嗎?
Kathy:I don't know, but I do know a guy in my neighborhood who works in a travel agency. I could ask him.
凱西:我不知道,但我認識我家附近一個在旅行社工作的人。我可以問他。
Evan:Oh? Who is this guy?
艾凡:哦?這家伙是誰?
Kathy:Oh? Aren't we jealous all of a sudden!
凱西:哦?我是不是突然聞到一股醋味呢!