Jo: Hello everybody, I'm Jo and you're listening to Authentic Real English from the BBC. 大家好,我是喬,您現在收聽的是BBC地道美語節目。
Jean: And I'm Jean, 大家好。
Jo: Now Jean, you're looking very pleased with yourself. 珍,現在你看上去很高興滿意的樣子。
Jean: Am I? 有嗎?
Jo: Yes, is there something you're not telling me? 是的,你有什么好事沒有跟我說過嗎?
Jean: 我確實有個好消息…… I got a pay rise. 我加薪了。
Jo: No wonder you're feeling so chuffed. Congratulations! 難怪你感到高興滿意呢。恭喜你!
Jean: 謝謝!我還真的是挺高興的。What was the word you used to describe how I'm feeling? 你剛才用什么詞描述我的感受的?
Jo: I said you are chuffed C.H.U.F.F.E.D. 我說你高興滿意的。
Jean: I see, so when I'm feeling happy about something 就是因為什么事情而特別的高興。
Jo: Or proud of something you've achieved... 或者你為自己的成績感到驕傲……
Jean: 或者是為我取得的一個什么成果而感到非常的驕傲……
Jo: Yes... 是的……
Jean: I can say I am chuffed. 我可以說我很高興和滿意。
Jo: Yes and you can say you are chuffed or you're feeling chuffed. You can also say that someone looks chuffed. 是的,你可以這么說。
Jean: I am chuffed, I am feeling chuffed or someone looks chuffed.
Jo: You got it. Now, listen to these people using the word "chuffed". 說對了。現在,聽這些人是怎么用這個詞的吧。
Example
A: Why are you looking so chuffed with yourself? 為什么你會那么高興和滿意?
B: Well, my boyfriend just asked me to marry him. 嗯,我男朋友剛才向我求婚了。
A: Congratulations. 恭喜。
A: How did your job interview go last week? 上周你的面試進行得如何?
B: Great, I got the job. I start next month. 很好,我得到一份工作。下個月開始上班。
A: Wow, you must be feeling so chuffed. 哇,你一定很高興吧。
Jean: Ok, 在我們今天節目結束之前,讓我們再把它復習一下好嗎:You can use the word chuffed to describe a happy or pleased feeling. Especially when you have done something you're proud of. 你可以用chuffed這個詞描述一種高興和滿足的感受。特別是當你做了一件讓自己感到驕傲的事情。
Jo: That's right and if anyone would like to hear more Authentic Real English words, they can visit our website. 是的,如果聽眾朋友們想收聽更多的地道美語節目,可以登錄我們的網站。
Jean: That's www.bbcchina.com.cn. You'll always find something new there. So see you next time. 網站地址如下。你可以收聽到更新的節目。下期節目見。
Jo: Bye for now. 再見。