Tracy: Hello, welcome to Authentic Real English from BBC Learning English. I'm Tracy. 大家好,歡迎來到BBC地道美語節目。我是特雷西。
Li: 大家好,我是 Yang Li.
Tracy: I think I should tell everyone that Li and I have just been reading some celebrity magazines. 我覺得我應該告訴大家莉和我剛讀了一些名人的雜志。
Li: 是的,我們今天收集了不少名人明星的花邊新聞。
Tracy: We've been reading about the lives and loves of our favourite celebrities. 我們讀到一些我們喜歡的名人的私生活和感情的故事。
Li: I discovered that Brad Pitt is Tracy's favourite celebrity. 我知道了布拉德·皮特是特雷西喜歡的名人。
Tracy: I might have a little crush on him. 我似乎有些被他迷住了。
Li: 看來你要加入Brad Pitt 成千上萬的粉絲隊伍了。
Tracy: Yes. Li, did you notice the phrase I used when I was talking about Brad? 是的,莉,你注意到當我說到布拉德時用的詞組了嗎?
Li: You said that you might have a little crush on him. 你說你喜歡上他了。
Tracy: Exactly, I said I have a crush on Brad Pitt, but just a little one. 確實是,我說我喜歡上布拉德·皮特,但是只有一點。
Li: So if you say you have a crush on someone, does that just mean that you like them? 所以說如果說你喜歡上某人,是不是意味著你喜歡他們?
Tracy: It means a little bit more than that. It means you think they are good looking or hot or cute. It means that you fancy them. 比喜歡感情要更深一點。意思是說你認為他們長得好看或者身材很棒或者可愛。就是說你喜愛他們。
Li: To fancy someone 就是喜歡上了誰。
Tracy: And usually when you have a crush on someone, that person doesn't know how you feel. It's a secret. 事實上當你喜愛上某個人,那個人并不知道你的感受。這是個秘密。
Li: A secret crush. 一種神秘愛戀。
Tracy: Yes. 是的。
Li: Is there anyone else you have a secret crush on? 還有其他人是你秘密愛戀的嗎?
Tracy: I'm not telling you. 我不告訴你。
Li: 好,讓我們聽聽別的英國人都喜歡哪幾個名人明星。
Example
I've always had a huge crush on Shu Qi, I think she is gorgeous. 我非常喜愛舒淇,我覺得她很高貴。
I don't usually tell people about this. It's a bit embarrassing. I've got a secret crush on the office cleaner. 我不經常跟別人說這些。這有點讓人難為情,我秘密愛戀著辦公室清潔工。
Li: 為什么有的人會說他們對某人有 a little 或者 a huge crush 呢?喜歡上哪個人有這么多不同的程度嗎?
Tracy: Yes, a huge or serious crush can cause very powerful feelings. You might long for a person. 是的,巨大的或者嚴肅的愛戀能表現出強大的感受。你可能非??释硞€人。
Li: To long for a person 就是非常的渴望某人。
Tracy: But most crushes are not that serious. Sometimes it's just a phase that someone goes through. 但是大多數的喜愛都不是嚴肅的。有時你只是一個時間段會喜歡某個人。
Li: A phase 就是一個人生的“時期”或者“階段”。那 Tracy 你自己像這樣的時期又經過了多少個呢?
Tracy: I'm not telling. 我不說。
Li: So is your crush on Brad Pitt just a phase? 所以說你喜愛布拉德·皮特只是一段時間?
Tracy: Yes, but I guess I've always thought he was quite good looking. I think lots of other people are cute too. I guess I have a little crush on quite a few celebrities. 是的,但是我猜我會一直覺得他很帥的。還有很多其他人也很可愛。我還有點喜歡其他一些名人。
Li: Well I have an idea. Let's end today's programme here and you can tell me about all of the other celebrities that you have a crush on. 嗯,我有一個主意?,F在結束節目,然后你告訴我還有哪些喜歡的名人。
Tracy: That could take a while. 那可能還要說一會呢。
Li: Thanks for listening to Authentic Real English from BBC Learning English. 歡迎收聽BBC地道美語節目。
Tracy: Join us next time at www.bbcchina.com.cn. Bye. 期待下期有你的陪伴。