Yang Li: 大家好我是Yang Li,您現在收聽的是Authentic Real... Phew!
Diarmuid: Authentic Real... English? Li you sound out of breath. 地道美語……麗,你怎么上氣不接下氣?
Yang Li: Yes Diarmuid, I've just run all the way to the studio from a fashion show. It's London Fashion Week. 是的,圣保羅,我是剛剛從一個時裝秀上一路跑到演播室的。就是倫敦時裝周。
Diarmuid: Oh yes, so it is. Here you go, have a glass of water and catch your breath! 哦,是那個時裝秀啊!去喝杯水緩一緩吧。
Yang Li: Thank you. 謝謝。
Diarmuid: Now Li. 現在,麗。
Yang Li: Yes? 怎么了?
Diarmuid: Are you wearing a jacket with shoulder pads? 你穿了有墊肩的夾克了嗎?
Yang Li: Yes. 我穿的外套里有墊肩。
Diarmuid: But, didn't they go out of fashion ages ago? I didn't know they were back in. 但是,它們早就不流行了啊?我不知道它們又開始流行了。
Yang Li: In what? 在什么?
Diarmuid: In fashion. 入時。
Yang Li: I see. Well yes, they are. Diarmuid 用了 in 這個詞來表示 in fashion. 在英語里我們也經常會用 in 這個詞來說什么東西或事情現在非常流行,入時。
Diarmuid: Yes, we can use it about things like clothes, hairstyles and music. 是的,我們能用這個詞形容衣服,發型和音樂。
Examples
A: I like her shoes, but those jeans are awful. 我喜歡她的鞋子,但是這個牛仔褲好可怕。
B: What? High-waist jeans are so in right now. 什么?高腰褲現在正流行呢。
A: Brian's new haircut is great, isn't it? 布萊恩的新發型很不錯,對嗎?
B: Yes, pink hair is really in at the moment. 是的,粉色的頭發現在正流行。
Diarmuid: So what do you think about my flares? 你覺得我的喇叭褲怎么樣?
Yang Li: Hmmm, Diarmuid 的喇叭褲——喇叭牛仔褲? Sorry, they're out of fashion now. 抱歉,他們已經不再流行。
Diarmuid: Really, they're not in any more? 真的嗎,它們不再流行了?
Yang Li: Sorry, they went out in the 70s. 抱歉,早在70年代就不流行了。
Diarmuid: Oh. 哦。
Yang Li: But don't worry, they'll probably come back in a couple of years! 但是,別擔心,未來幾年可能會由流行起來。
Diarmuid: Well, let's hope so. In the meantime, the best place to catch up with Authentic Real English programmes is our website: www.bbcukchina.com. 嗯,希望如此。同時,可以學習到地道美語的網址是……。
Yang Li: 是的,在我們網站上你就能學到最新最流行最實用的 in English.