EDWARD GREEN: That' s good to hear, thank you. 愛德華.格林:很高興聽到你這么說,謝謝。
I feel I' ve learned a lot here in the last six months. 我感覺在過去的6個月里,我在這里學到了很多。
Obviously six months ago I couldn' t have negotiated a large deal with Eronmart...but now I can. 很明顯,6個月前我根本不可能和Eronmart談成這么大的生意 ……但現在我可以了。
DON BRADLEY: Let' s be open here, Edward. 堂.布拉德利:我們還是有話直說吧,愛德華。
Are we talking about salary? 我們要談的是不是薪水?
EDWARD GREEN: It' s not just a question of money Don. 愛德華.格林:堂,不只是錢的問題。
I want to look at the whole package. 我想要的是整個薪酬體系。
It' s salary, performance-related bonus, a company charge card, an expense account, a car, and a more responsible position. 包括薪水、績效獎金、一張公司簽帳卡、一個公款支付帳戶、一輛車和一個更加重要的職位。
DON BRADLEY: I think we should sit down, don' t you? 堂.布拉德利:我想我們還是坐下來談,好嗎?
MS WONG: I am very happy that we have been able to overcome the difficulties. 黃女士:我很高興我們可以克服困難。
I think our negotiations have been very successful and as a result we are in a position to move forward with his project. 我認為我們的談判很成功,所以我們可以繼續跟進這個項目。
CLIVE HARRIS: I would like to thank Sally Wong for her outstanding contribution to this project. 克萊夫.哈里斯:我要感謝薩利.黃對這個項目所做出的貢獻。
DEREK JONES: Here, here. 德里克.瓊斯:同感,同感。
CLIVE HARRIS: She has worked very hard to find a solution to what seemed an impossible problem. 克萊夫.哈里斯:她非常努力地尋找一個似乎不可能解決難題的解決辦法。
MS WONG: Thank you. I think the Mark 2 is a very exciting concept.
黃女士:謝謝。我認為馬克二世是個很激動人心的概念。
Perhaps we should spend some time summarizing and clarifying what we have agreed... 或許我們該花些時間來總結和確認一下我們所達成的事情…… DON BRADLEY: Edward, if you insist on the car then I can' t offer you such a large salary increase,
堂.布拉德利:愛德華,如果你堅持要車的話,那我就不能給你增加這個高的薪水了,
and we' ll have to find some compromise on the performance-related bonus. 并且我們要在績效獎金這方面找到雙方都接受的方式。
EDWARD GREEN: I think I am worth the salary. 愛德華.格林:我認為,我是值得拿這份薪水的。
DON BRADLEY: I' m prepared to offer you a larger bonus, but if you accept that, then you have to accept a smaller salary increase.
堂.布拉德利:我準備給你更大的獎金,不過如果你接受的話,你就得接受低些的薪水。
EDWARD GREEN: Could you be more precise? 愛德華.格林:你能不能更精確一點兒?
DON BRADLEY: If you accept a fifteen percent increase in salary then I can add an extra five percent on that bonus figure.
堂.布拉德利:如果你接受薪水增加15%,我就可以在獎金數上再額外增加5%。 That represents a forty percent increase next year. 這就表示明年會有40%的增加。
If you make your targets. 如果你完成業務目標。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay, if you make that a seventeen percent salary increase, I think we can reach agreement. 愛德華.格林:好的,如果薪水增加17%,我想我們就可以達成一致了。
DON BRADLEY: Okay. 堂.布拉德利:好的。
CLIVE HARRIS: Sally, we very much appreciate your efforts to make this product possible.
克萊夫.哈里斯:薩利,我們很感激你促成這個產品的實現。
I have a small token of our gratitude which I would like you to have. 我有一點小禮物表達我們的謝意,請你接受。
MS WONG: This is very kind of you. 黃女士:你太好了。
EDWARD GREEN: Which just leaves the matter of the car. 愛德華.格林:這就是說只剩下車的問題了。
DON BRADLEY: But Edward, I said the salary increase was conditional on you making a concession on the car. 堂.布拉德利:但是愛德華,我說過了薪水增加是以你在車的方面做出妥協為條件的。
EDWARD GREEN: I' ll accept a smaller car. 愛德華.格林:我可以接受小點的車。
DON BRADLEY: Alright. 堂.布拉德利:好吧。
Now let' s go through these points once more. 現在我們再過一遍這些要點。
Clive is going to kill me. 克萊夫會殺了我的。
Where did you learn to negotiate, Edward? 愛德華,你是在哪兒學的談判技巧啊?
EDWARD GREEN: You taught me everything I know, Don. 愛德華.格林:堂,我所有的都是你教的啊。
JENNY ROSS: Good night Geraldine. 詹妮.羅斯:杰拉爾丁,再見。
GERALDINE: Good night. 杰拉爾丁:再見。
n. 解答,解決辦法,溶解,溶液