視頻商務英語口語Unit20:達成交易Concluding a deal(1)
DEREK JONES: I have been with Bibury Systems for twelve years. 德里克.瓊斯:我在Bibury系統公司12年了。
I have given the company 100% commitment. 給了公司100% 的投入。
I feel very disappointed that you are unable to support me on this project. 我很失望,你們不能在這個項目上支持我。
I know that the Mark 2 will work and it will sell. 我知道馬克二世會成功,會暢銷。
I intend to start looking for a company that values new ideas.
我想開始找家重視新想法的公司。
CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, there must be a way round this. 克萊夫.哈里斯:德里克,肯定會有解決辦法的。
I know how you feel. 我知道你的感受。
And I do value your contribution. 我也確實重視你的貢獻。
To prove it I' m going to increase your research budget... 為了證明,我會增加你的研發預算……
DEREK JONES: That' s not the point, Clive... 德里克.瓊斯:這個不是問題所在,克萊夫…
CLIVE HARRIS: Clive Harris. 克萊夫.哈里斯:克萊夫•哈里斯。
Yes, put her through Sally--good morning. 是的,轉過來。薩利--早上好。 Yes, he is. 是的,他在。
Just a minute. 請稍等。
It' s Sally Wong. She wants to talk to you. 是薩利.黃。她想跟你通話。
DON BRADLEY: Edward, I' ve looked through the draft contract with Eromart. 堂.布拉德利:愛德華,我看過了和Eromart 的合同草稿。
I see you' ve covered packaging, insurance, late delivery penalties... 我看到你包括了包裝、保險、交貨延誤的罰款……
and you did well to make him agree to be more flexible over terms of payment. 你能使他在支付條款上更為靈活,做的很好。
Well done. Now we can get the contract finalised. 真棒?,F在我們可以最終確定合同的文稿了。
EDWARD GREEN: Before I go, can we have a chat? 愛德華.格林:我走之前,我們能談一下嗎?
DON BRADLEY: Sure. What about? 堂.布拉德利:當然。關于什么的?
EDWARD GREEN: Don, I have been with Bibury Systems for 6 months now, and I' d like to talk about my future. 愛德華.格林:堂, 我現在到Bibury系統公司 6個月了,我想談一下我的未來。
MS WONG: I' m terribly sorry to ask you to come here early, but I have a proposal that could benefit both of us. 黃女士:非常抱歉要求你提前來這里,不過我有個提議,對雙方會都有利。
Could I suggest that we look at these designs again? 我建議大家再看一下這些設計,好嗎?
Particularly I want you to look at the interface between the release mechanism and the scanner. 我特別請大家看釋放機械和掃描器之間的界面。
I believe that we can make the process simpler. 我相信可以使整個程序更簡單。
DEREK JONES: No. I have been through this many times. 德里克.瓊斯:不可能。我想過很多次了。
MS WONG: I am sorry, if you could just bear with me a second... 黃女士:對不起,請你再給我一會兒時間……
I spent all last night worrying about this. 我昨天整晚都在為此擔憂。 I believe the conclusion of yesterday' s meeting was very unfortunate. 我相信昨天會議的結局是很令人遺憾的。
I wanted to find a way forward and I think I have. 我想找出一個可行的方法,我認為我找到了。
The scanner does not need to be powered from the same source. 掃描器不必由同一個能源供應。
That means it can be produced separately. 這就意味著可以分開生產。
DEREK JONES: No, no, no, it' s... 德里克.瓊斯:不,不,不。這……
You' re right. 你是正確的。
This is brilliant. 這太高明了。
MS WONG: It' s really very simple. 黃女士:其實很簡單。
DON BRADLEY: Is there a problem? 堂.布拉德利:有問題嗎?
Aren' t you happy here? 大家還不高興嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes. But I would like to know what plans you have for me. 愛德華.格林:是很高興。不過,我想知道你對我的計劃。
I feel I' ve made good progress here over the last six months. 我認為在過去的6個月里我在這里取得了很好的成果。
What do you think? 你認為怎么樣?
DON BRADLEY: I agree. 堂.布拉德利:我同意。
We' re very happy with what you have done. 我們很高興你所做的一切。
Of course you did make a few mistakes, especially early on, 當然,你確實犯了幾個錯,尤其是最初,
but generally I see you as an important part of the team and I' m sure Kate ges along with that. 不過總起來我認為你是整個團隊重要的一部分,我確信凱特也同意這一點。
EDWARD GREEN: That' s good to hear, thank you. 愛德華.格林:很高興聽到你這么說,謝謝。