第五節 鼓勵與安慰
40.Cheer up!
振作起來!
【瘋狂實戰】
A: My wife has been gone for two weeks visiting her mother.
(我妻子回娘家已經兩個星期了。)
B: Cheer up! She’ll be back soon.
(別垂頭喪氣的!她很快就會回來的。)
A: Our proposal didn’t go through.
(我們的提議沒有通過。)
B: Cheer up! I have a better idea.
(振作起來!我有個更好的主意。)
A: I missed an important class before the test.
(我錯過了考試前的一堂重要的課。)
B: Cheer up! I’ll show you my notes.
(別擔心!我把我的筆記給你看。)
【額外成就感】
“cheer up” 也可用作“cheer sb.up” ,意為“使某人高興/振作起來” 。
①I’ll cheer her up.(我會讓她高興起來的。)
②I’m trying to cheer you up.(我會努力讓你振作起來的。)
③Let’s cheer Susan up.(我們去安慰一下Susan。)
41.Hang in there!
別氣餒;堅持下去!
【瘋狂講解】
這個口語要素是個成語,含有牢牢抓住什么不放手的含義,在不論如何艱難困苦也毫不后退的場合使用。常用于口語,書面一般不用。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: I can’t believe I failed the exam again.
(簡直不敢相信,我這次考試又不及格。)
B: Hang in there! Give it another try.
(別灰心!再接再厲!)
A: My husband got fired.
(我老公被炒魷魚了。)
B: Oh, no! Hang in there, Kim!
(噢,太不幸了!一定要扛住呀,Kim!)
A: English is so difficult. Grammar really bothers me!
(英語可真難學,它的語法讓我煩透了!)
B: Hang in there!
(別泄氣!)
【額外成就感】
①Just hang in there!(一定要堅持住!)
②Just hang in there. Everything is going to be all right.(不要氣餒。一切都會好的。)
42.Don’t give up!
別放棄!
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Don’t give up, Eden. Hang in there!
(不要放棄,Eden。繼續努力!)
B: I’m doing my best!
(我正在努力!)
A: I asked the boss for a raise, but he said no.
(我要求老板給我加薪,可他說不行。)
B: Don't give up. Try again later.
(別灰心。以后再試試看。)
A: I just don’t think I’ll ever learn to speak good English.
(我想我永遠也講不好英語。)
B: Don’t give up. You can do it.
(別放棄。你能做到的。)