11.虧你說得出來 I like that!
你是說男人應該娶幾個老婆?虧你說得出來!
Did you say that a man should have several wives? I like that!
12.閉上嘴 button one’s lip/zip ones lips
閉上嘴!難道你看不出來人家不愛聽么?
Zip your lips. Can’t you see they’re annoyed?
13.真的阿 you don’t say
我已經和麗玲結婚了。 Li ling and I are married.
真的阿!你真幸運 。 You don’t say! You are lucky.
14.再合適不過了 suit somebody to a T
這個顏色對你再合適不過了。
This color suits you to a T.
15.讓人看不下去an eye-sore
看那兩個年輕人在那里又摟又吻的真讓人看不下去。
The two young guys’ caressing and spooning there are plain an eye-sore.
16.不能用了 be done for
這件大衣不能穿了。買件新的吧。
Buy yourself a new coat. This one is already done for.
17. 不理不睬not even give a tumble
小李三番五次的說他喜歡小劉,可是小劉對他不理不睬
Xiao Li says that he likes Xiao Liu but she doesn’t even give him tumble.
18.拒絕某人的求婚give somebody the mitten
她說她的求婚被拒絕了。
She said that she had been given the mitten.
19.為……說句好話put in a good word for
你可以去找老王,讓他在老板面前為你說句好話。
You may go to Lao Wang and ask him to put in a good word for you in front of the boss.
20.怎么也不…… can’t for the life of one.
我怎么也想不起他的電話號碼了
I can’t for the life of me remember his telephone number.