An auction
一次拍賣
Before we start today's auction
在今天的拍賣開始之前
let me remind all participants
請允許我提醒所有來賓
that experts who are authoritative in their fields have authenticated each item.
此次拍賣的每件物品均 經過業界權威人士的鑒 定.
Tax attorneys will also be present at the end of the auction
拍賣結束的時候還會 有稅務律師到場
to answer all tax and audit questions.
回答所有關于稅務及 審計方面的問題.
Please note that you can view close-ups of each item
你們可以看到每件物品 的特寫鏡頭.
on the audiovisual equipment attached to walls throughout the room.
通過整個房間內連接在 墻壁上的視聽設備.
Please keep the volume of the headsets just audible.however.
不過.請把耳機的音量 保持在能聽見的水平.
as not to disturb your neighbor.
不要打擾您旁邊的人.
I am now honored to say
現在我榮幸地告訴大家
that all auguries for this auction are excellent. Let us begin!
這次拍賣的兆頭不錯. 拍賣現在開始!
Our first item is an authentic atlas of the stars
我們的第一件拍賣品是 星球地圖冊真跡
drawn by a famous astronomer in the year 1414.
一位著名的天文學家 在1414年繪制.
We were astounded to have this item be available to you all.
今天諸位可以競拍這幅 圖很令我們吃驚.
Are there any bids?
有人出價嗎?
Ah yes.we start the bidding with the audacious former astronaut.
啊.好.我們的競價 開始了.具有冒險精神 的前宇航員
Buck Williams.at $ 25.000. Any others? Thank you. sir.
巴克威廉斯出價 25000美元.還有其他人 出價嗎?謝謝您.先生.
The bid is at $30.000.
您的報價是30000美元.
Now we have $35.000 from the famous athlete Cal Ripken.
現在著名的運動員 卡爾里普金出價 35000美元.
Yes sir. $ 38.000. Others?
好的.先生.38000美 元.還有人出價嗎?
And again from Mr.Williams we have $40.000.Any others?
好.威廉斯再次出價 40000美元.還有其 他人出價嗎?
Mr.Ripken you have attained the item of your choice.
里普金先生.您已經得 到了你想要的東西.
The atlas is yours for $42.000.
您以42000美元的價格 拍得了這幅地圖.
I sense a slight asymmetry with your purchasing this item.
我覺得您購買這幅地圖 有些不對稱.
I was sure Mr.Williams would want to augment his collection.
我以為威廉斯先生 會想增加他的收藏.
but I guess your competitive attribut -es got the best of him this time.
但是我猜是您的競爭特 性使您這次擊敗了他.
But this is not an audition for who can compete the best. Mr.Williams.
但這并不是一次看誰最 能競爭的試演.威廉斯 先生.
Congratulations ! Now let us move to the next item in the auction.
恭喜您!現在讓我們來 看下一件拍賣品吧.