The other thing I wanted to ask you was, did you find it hard, studying with the Open University?
我還想問你的是,你有沒有覺得在開放大學學習很困難?
You mean, because you're studying on your own, most of the time? Mm.
你的意思是,因為大部分時間都是自己在學習?是的。
Well, it took me a while to get used to it.
好吧,我花了一段時間才適應。
I found I needed to maintain a high level of motivation, because it's so different from school.
我發現我需要更高的積極性,因為這與在學校學習很不一樣。
There's no-one saying, 'Why haven't you written your assignment yet?' and that sort of thing.Oh, dear.
沒有人會說,"你為什么還沒有寫作業?"之類的。哦,天哪。
You'll learn it, Paul.
你會學到的,Paul。
Another thing was that I got very good at time management because I had to fit time for studying round a full-time job.
另一件事是,我變得非常會安排時間,因為我必須在全職工作之余勻出時間學習。
Well, I'm hoping to change to working part-time, so that'll help.
嗯,我希望能變成兼職工作,所以那會有些幫助。
What makes it easier is that the degree is made up of modules, so you can take time off between them if you need to.
好在成績是由不同模塊組成的,因此如果有需要的話在模塊之間你可以放個假。
It isn't like a traditional three-or four-year course, where you've got to do the whole thing of it in one go.
它不像傳統的三年或四年的課程,你得一次性做完全部的事情。
That's good, because I'd like to spend six months travelling next year.
那很好,因為我明年想花六個月的時間去旅行。
Huh, it's all right for some. Then even though you're mostly studying at home, remember you've got tutors to help you.
嗯,對一些人來說是可以的。雖然你大部分時間都是在家里學習,但記得你的導師會幫助你。
And from time to time there are summer schools. They usually last a week.
而且時不時會有暑假補習班。通常持續一周。
They're great, because you meet all the other people struggling with the same things as you.
暑假補習班非常棒,因為你會遇見跟你一樣為同一件事情在掙扎的人們。
I've made some really good friends that way.
在那里我已經交了一些真正的好朋友。
Sounds good. So how do I apply?
聽起來不錯。我怎么申請?