Our landlord seems to be looking for a new lodger. Did you know that,Eleanor?
我們的房東好像要找一個新房客,你知道這件事嗎,愛莉諾?
Really? No, I didn't.
真的嗎?我不知道耶。
I love meeting new people all the time, but living under the same roof and meeting new people are different matters.
我一直很喜歡認識新朋友,但是住在同一個屋檐下和認識新朋友是兩回事。
Yes, you're right. So what kind of person would like as a flat mate, Willem?
對啊,你說得對。那么你想要什么樣的人當室友呢,威倫?
Well, first of all, someone that's not so noisy and someone who is clean.
嗯,首先呢,不要太吵,然后要干凈的人。
A clean person? What exactly do you mean?
干凈的人?到底是什么意思?
Well, you know, we're going to share the bathroom and kitchen.
哎,你知道的,我們要共享浴室和廚房,
So somebody who always keeps them clean and tidy.
所以希望是個能夠保持廚房和浴室整齊清潔的人。
When I was living in Wimbledon before, I had such a bad experience with people who couldn't tidy up. What about you?
我以前住在溫布爾登的時候,曾經有過很糟糕的經驗,和一些不愛整潔的人住在一起。那你呢?
Me? Well, someone from abroad might be interesting.
我?嗯,從國外來的人可能會很有意思。
You see, as you said, living under the same roof and meeting new people are different matters. So it may be a good chance to make a foreign friend.
你知道,就像你剛才說的,住在同一個屋檐下和認識新朋友是兩回事。所以這可能是交外國朋友的好機會。
That's true. Anyway, I hope our landlord will find a nice person as our new flat mate.
沒錯。不管怎么樣,希望我們的房東可以找到一個好人當我們的新室友。