Yes. You know I went to the bank to cash some travellers cheques?
是的,我去了銀行兌現旅行支票。
Well, the exchange rate was looking healthy, but when I went to the teller, they told me the computer system was temporarily down,
匯率之前看起來很好,但我去了之后柜員告訴我電腦系統暫時出現故障。
so they couldn't do any transactions.
因此無法進行任何交易。
They said the problem would be fixed in a few minutes, so I waited.
他們說問題一會兒就可以解決,所以我等著。
And then I started talking to another guy in the bank, and I forgot the time.
然后我開始和另一個在銀行的伙計聊天,忘了時間。
Oh, really? Someone you met in the bank? Does he work there?
哦,真的嗎?你在銀行遇見的人。他在那里工作嗎?
No, he was a tourists from New York.
不,他是一名游客,來自紐約。
His name's Henry, and he's been here for a week, but he's moving on to Germany tomorrow.
他叫Henry。他在這兒已經一周了,但他明天要去德國。
He's an architect,and he's spending four weeks travelling around Europe. Just like us!
他是一個建筑師,他準備花四周時間在歐洲旅行。就像我們一樣?
Yeah, just like us. He told me the names of some places where we should eat.
對,像我們一樣。他告訴我了一些該去的餐廳的名字。
Great food,and not too expensive, he said.
他說那里的食物好吃而且不太貴。
Oh, and he also gave me this map of the bus system. He said he didn't need it any more.
哦,它還給我了個公交系統地圖,他說他不需要了。
That's useful. Pity he's moving on tomorrow.
這很有用。真遺憾他明天就走了。
Ah, here's the waitress. Let's order.
啊,女服務生來了,我們點餐吧。
Do you want anything to eat, or shall we just have a drink?
你想吃點什么嗎?還是我們就只喝點東西?
Well, I'm hungry, and we've got a lot of sightseeing to do, so let's just have a snack and a drink. Sounds good to me!
嗯,我餓了。而且我們要逛很久。所以來點兒小吃和飲料吧。這聽起來不錯。