Good morning everyone.Today's lecture forms part of the Hospitality and Tourism module.
大家早上好。今天的講座屬于接待觀光課程的一部分。
Last week I looked at the economy end of the hotel business;
上周我們討論了酒店行業節約的方面,
this week I'm going to discuss the luxury end of the market.
這周我們討論下該市場奢侈的方面。
Let's consider the following scenario...
讓我們想想下面的情景。
You wake up in the middle of the night in a strange gotel miles away from home, disoriented most probably from jet lag,
你在一個離家千里之外的午夜從一個陌生的旅店突然醒來,伴隨著時差造成的眩暈感,
when even the most expensive surroundings can seem empty and dispiriting.
即使最奢華的環境也讓你感到空蕩和失落。
You have paid a great deal of money to stay in this first-class hotel with its contemporary technology,
你付了一大筆錢住在一流的酒店享受現代化的科技,
but according to recent research carried out by an international travel and public relations company, all is not well.
但是根據一個國際旅游與公共關系公司的調查發現事實并不理想。
The research suggests that even the most opulent, luxurious hotels seem to have underestimated the most basic needs of their customers.
這項調查顯示最奢華的酒店也低估了顧客最基本的需求。
be they travelling for work or pleasure:the need to feel at home in surroundings which are both familiarand inviting.
無論他們是出差還是旅行都應讓他們感到周圍是熟悉、親切的家的感覺。