Mike, did you just throw the rest of that bread away?
邁克,你把剩下的面包扔掉了嗎?
Yeah. It was quite a big one, and I couldn't finish it.
是啊。那塊面包太大了,我吃不完。
You know you shouldn't waste food. Do you know how much of the world 's food is wasted each year?
你知道不應該浪費食物,你知道世界上每年有多少食物被浪費了嗎?
Uh… I don't know.
呃……我不知道。
The figure is 1.3 billion tons of food, which is enough to feed a billion hungry people.
是13億噸糧食,足以養活10億饑餓的人。
Where do you think all this food waste comes from?
你認為這些浪費的食物是從哪里來的嗎?
Well, restaurants, I imagine.
嗯,我想是餐館吧。
No. Restaurants do not contribute most to food waste.
不,餐館浪費的食物不是最大的。
In Europe, 53% of food waste comes from households, which amounts to about 88 million tons of food waste a year.
在歐洲,53%浪費的食物來自家庭,相當于每年約8800萬噸遭浪費的食物。
Wow. I can't even believe it.
真的啊,我都不敢相信。
A high school student in America has started a campaign on the social media, persuading people to stop wasting food.
美國一名高中生在社交媒體上發起了一場運動,勸說人們停止浪費食物。
Up to now, the food waste has been reduced by 25% in her city.
到目前為止,她所在城市的食物浪費已經減少了25%。