'Body language?'
“肢體語言?”
'It's the way you stand and sit.
“就是你的站姿啊,坐姿等等。
It's your gestures and in your eyes.
是你的手勢和眼神。
Your whole appearance communicates things.
你的整個形象會傳達一些信息。
The way you look at people doesn't give them a good impression, Simon.
你看別人的方式沒有給他們留下好印象, 西蒙。
You often rest your head on your hand.
你經常把頭靠在手上。
You look downwards. You never smile.
你會往下看,而且從不微笑。
You don't turn your head or body towards people.
你不會轉動身體正對著別人。
Look at Debbie. She's holding her head up.
看黛比。她一直都把頭抬得高高的。
She looks at people's eyes. She smiles.
她會看著別人的眼睛。她會笑。
Your body language is telling people to go away.
你的肢體語言是叫別人走開。
Debbie's body language is making them feel welcome.
黛比的肢體語言讓他們感到受歡迎。
That's why they go to her for assistance, and not to you.'
這就是他們找她幫忙而不找你的緣故。”
After that, Simon decided to improve his body language.
之后, 西蒙決定改善他的肢體語言。
He sat up and smiled at people. This seemed to work.
他會坐得直直的,會對著別人微笑。這個辦法似乎奏效了。
Minutes later, a very beautiful girl entered.
幾分鐘后, 一個非常漂亮的女孩進來了。
She looked at Debbie and then Simon.
她看了看黛比, 然后看了看西蒙。
Without hesitation she went to Simon and gave him a big smile.
然后毫不猶豫地朝西蒙走了過去,并給了他一個大大的微笑。
A few moments later, she left, still smiling.
過了一會兒, 她走了, 走的時候也還在笑。
Mr Young came over at once and remarked,
楊先生立刻過來說,
'You made a good impression on her.'
“你給她留下了一個好印象。”
That was my sister,' said Simon.
“那是我妹妹,”西蒙說。
'She wanted to remind me that tomorrow is her birthday.'
“她想提醒我明天是她的生日。”