What should I do?
我能做什么呢?
Letters from students for advice are published anonymously in a school newspaper as a part of the 'Counsellor's Corner'.
一封學生的建議信在校報的“讀編往來”板塊匿名發表了。
Read excerpts from the letters below.
閱讀以下來自一些信件的摘要。
Letter one
第一封信
One evening last month, I was visiting a close friend in her new high-rise flat when she accidentally knocked a flowerpot from her window.
上個月的一天晚上,我在密友的高層公寓大樓內拜訪她,當時她從窗戶不小心打翻了花盆。
It smashed to the ground below, narrowly missing some children at play.
花盆落到樓下的地面上摔得粉碎,差一點砸中一些正在玩耍的孩子。
On our way out, we stopped to take a look, but no one was hurt, so we said nothing and left for the cinema as planned.
在我們出去的路上,我們停下來看了看,不過沒有人受傷,所以我們便沒有聲張,照原定計劃去看電影了。
Returning home later that evening, my friend learnt that the police had been to the flats and questioned everyone.
那晚回家之后,我的朋友得知警察來到公寓詢問了每個人。
They had even taken a neighbour's son to the police station.
他們還把鄰居的兒子帶到警察局。
After questioning him, they let him go temporarily.
在詢問他之后,他們暫時放他回家。
Frightened, my friend has said nothing to the police.
由于害怕,我的朋友對警察沒有說什么。
Though no one was hurt, I have a guilty conscience and...
雖然沒有人受傷,但我覺得內疚,而且……
Letter two
第二封信
Last night, while travelling home on the underground, I saw three tough guys enter my almost empty carriage.
昨晚乘地鐵回家時,我看見三個專橫的家伙走進幾乎空無一人的車廂。
They sat down beside a young boy who was travelling alone and began to tease and bully him.
他們坐在孤獨一人的小男孩的旁邊,開始嘲弄欺侮他。
Their behaviour was so bad that it made him move to another seat, but that did no good.
他們的行為過于惡劣,小男孩只好坐到另一個座位上,但是還是無濟于事。
They just followed him and continued their bullying.
他們緊跟著小男孩,不停地嘲弄欺侮他。
The boy was obviously frightened.
顯然,小男孩很害怕。
At this point, I stopped looking and got off at my station, feeling sorry for the boy.
到站后,我沒再看了,下了車,為小男孩感到難過。
I regret not helping him, but not being Superman and hating violence, what could I do? Should I...
我后悔沒能幫他,但我不是超人,又憎恨暴力,我能做什么呢?我能……