I had a similar experience the last time I visited China.
上次訪問中國時,我的經歷和你差不多。
The Chinese are the friendliest people I have ever met.
中國人是我見過最友好的。
After my visit to a Chinese family,
一天,拜訪我的一個中國朋友后離開時,
my friend's grandfather wouldn't let me go to the bus station alone.
朋友的祖父不讓我獨自去車站。
He insisted on walking me to the station to see me off.
他堅持要陪我走到車站。
I kept saying that I knew the way myself, but it just did not work.
我反復說我認識路,但他就是不聽。
What he did was amazing.
他的做法很讓人詫異。
This will not happen in many other cultures, I guess.
我想這樣的事在許多別的國家是不會發生的。
Tom
湯姆
Chinese people are very modest too.
中國人還很謙虛。
Last time, when I visited China,
上次訪問中國時,離開那天,
we saw the tour guide wearing a very pretty fur coat on the day we left.
我看到導游穿著一件非常漂亮的外衣。
I told her the coat suited her, but she looked very embarrassed,
我對她說,這件衣服真合身。沒想到她看上去很不好意思,
saying that it was a cheap one she had bought a long time ago.
解釋說這件外衣是很早以前買的,而且很便宜。
I was surprised.
這真讓我吃驚。
In my culture, when people say nice things about us, we feel very happy and say thanks.
在我們國家,當人們稱贊時,我們會感到很高興,而且會馬上道謝的。
Tina
蒂娜