But soon I got bored and decided to do a business course.
但是很快我就厭煩了,于是決定去學習一個貿易課程。
I have always dreamed of starting my own company.
我一直夢想著能自己開公司。
I have nearly finished the course now and it has been very helpful.
現在我的課程差不多學完了,它對我非常有益。
I have learnt so many new skills
我學到了許多新的技能,
and have already prepared a business plan for setting up my own export company!
并且已經在準備一個商業計劃來建立我自己的出口公司!
I think that getting laid off will prove to be the best thing that ever happened to me.
我覺得下崗將會證明是發生在我身上最好的事情。
Grandpa Chen - 75 years old
陳爺爺—75歲
I'm sure you all know the saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."
我相信你們都知道這句俗語,“你無法改變老人的想法。”
Well, it's certainly not true!
嗯,它當然是不對的!
I'm an old dog, and I'm teaching myself new tricks every day!
我是一個老人,我每天都在教自己新的東西!
It all started a few months ago when postage went up.
這一切都起源于幾個月前郵票的漲價。
I'd been sending letters by airmail to my daughter in the US once a week,
我一直在通過航空郵件給我在美國的女兒寫信,每星期一封,
but, suddenly, it was too expensive.
可是航空郵件突然漲價了。
I decided that it was time I became an Internet user.
我決定,我是時候開始用因特網了。
I got my grandson to instruct me on how to email and use the Internet
我讓我的孫子教我如何發電子郵件,如何使用因特網,
and I really enjoy the speed at which my messages get sent and answered.
我真的很喜歡我的信息發送出去及接到回復的速度。
And aside from emailing, it's fun to see and talk to my grandchildren in the US on the i-Cam.
除了發電子郵件,能在網絡眼上看到我在美國的孫輩并與之交談也很有意思。
In the past, if I'd wanted to see them, I would have had to visit them in person.
在過去,如果我想看他們,我就得親自去拜訪他們。
So many people think that after you retire,
很多人都覺得,退休以后,
all you can do is switch off your brain and bury everything you've ever learnt.
你能做的就只是關閉頭腦,把所學的一切深深埋起來。
This is so wrong!
這是大錯而特錯!
Anyway, it's time for me to go now.
無論如何,我現在得走了。
I have to practise the alphabet!
我要去學習字母表了。
I'm doing an English course on the Internet.
我正在因特網上學習一個英語課程。